Stutterheim - really nice but expensive rubber raincoats

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bill_P

Stutterheim - really nice but expensive rubber raincoats

Post by Bill_P »

http://stutterheim.com/usa/

some really nice looking but REALLY expensive rubber raincoats from Sweden. I'm really interested in the "Opal" in shiny blue rubber, kind of wish it came in a longer version like the "Stockholm" matte rubber raincoat (and also wish they had as many color choices as the Stockholm)
sissy_sofi

Re: Stutterheim - really nice but expensive rubber raincoats

Post by sissy_sofi »

Those are amazing raincoats. More reasons to visit Sweden.
kerstinmuc

Post by kerstinmuc »

Hello all,
early this year I saw stutterheim raincoats in a little shop in munich the first time.
I loved them promptly and bought one in wine red.

http://stutterheim.com/eu/shop/stockhol ... olm-vinrod

the coats are expensive but worth its price.
a very thick beamless pvc lining on a thick cotton backing. head-sealed seams on a high quality, a very big hood and without unnecessary gadgets.
You can't compare Stutterheim with other, cheaper producer like Derbe, Jeantex or Pro-X.
All of them have very nice raincoats anyway but you can't compare it.
(I even have some Jeantex coats and a jacket ;) )
I wear my stutterheim not only at rain, because it is a coat for daily use.
Stutterheim continue the tradition of Rukka and Ocean raincoats from the late 70ties and early 80ties.

And GENTLEMEN..!!! It is opportune for men to wear a Stutterheim..!!!

shortly, Stutterheim expand the offer with new models, new coulors and a long coat.
I like the blue shiny one. I think I have to save some money for it. :oops:

http://stutterheim.com/eu/shop/opal/stockholm-opal-bla

okay, the shiny ones are better for ladies.

regards from Munich
Kerstin
Onslow

Post by Onslow »

These are the benefits of this site - communication !
I looked at the Stutterheim site after being alerted to it from here and bought a black Stockholm one straight away . It arrived last week and is as , if not better than I was expecting . I agree with the comment above that although the shiny ones look great I would prefer to see them on ladies ! I will wear this myself - if only it would rain !
Where I live , California , is in the 3rd year of drought ! Clearly not the ideal location for someone on this site ! But there're other benefits ! : ;)
I thought about the " long " version but as my body dimensions are what you might describe as " over square " - I went for the standard version .- An extra 10 inches would have looked truly ridiculous !
I may follow Jenni's recommendation & hang it on the office coat stand - next time in rains , if ever it does . Seems like I have to visit Europe or the East coast of the USA to try it out , I might try Seattle !
they are expensive but inclusive of postage costs - which can be considerable for heavy garments . I have purchased a Lakeland elements slickR Mac , which is great but slightly oddly dimensioned . Not sure what has happened to that site as it seems to be in limbo . Anyway bottom line is I think Stuttenheim has really great products .