Reversible yellow blue raincoats- trousers to match?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mason

Re: Reversible yellow blue raincoats- trousers to match?

Post by mason »

That's exactly the same one I ordered and wore way back then. It was my very fave item of rainwear. I bought both jacket AND pants from a mail order company called "Innovations" in Australia.

I would just love to see them return one day
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

You and me both Mason
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Go to be an old ad!
staggy

Post by staggy »

Thanks for the replies guys, yes they are the ones! Got a couple of raincoats but no trousers love just one pair!!!!
cagoulion

Post by cagoulion »

Gosh I haven't seen that advert for a very long time. Is that about 1990/1 or so? Yes those are the suits, like I said I think I have at least a jacket left somewhere but I did have the trousers and they were a particularly soft PVC and excellent bar that tendency to rip!
kerstinmuc

Post by kerstinmuc »

In the 70/80ties I grew up in Munich/Germany and I still living there. At this time it was normal that all children and the most adult wear raincoats. And not only on rainy days.
I remember that I had in my childhood always 2-3 raincoats in my children closet.
An older, smaller Friesennerz (because I outgrow a little bit) for the playground, a new Friesennerz for school and day-to-day reasons and a shiny, chic, longer coat for the "sunday-outfit". I had the dressy one's in several colours like white, green or dark-blue everytime I got a new one. I remember to a glossy red one! :-)
Nowadays I like to wear oldschool rainwear on rainy days. One of my two Friesennerze, my old stylish, green Rukka or my favorite purple Liliput (an old german manufacturer). Last but not least the vinröd Stutterheim for "official reasons".
End of the nineties due of my liking oldschool outfits I bought a reversible blue/yellow Friesenerz suit from a pensioner. He finished sailing so I bought the suit as new for less than € 50,00.
Since then I use the suit for several outdoor activities like hiking and so on.
I learnd yellow coat and yellow trousers are too much for townies. So I use the suit only in nature but all guys how go with on rainy trips says: "wow, how cool, I like to have such a suit like yours!", okay, if they buy always a gore-tex or nylon suit.
In spring I bought a bike-raincape in the same Friesennerz material.
Take a look to ebay germany, you will find blue/yellow Friesenerz staff consistently.
If I learn to upload pictures here, maybe I will show you my Suit.
Till soon... :-)
Kerstin from Munich
ShaunaHenn

Post by ShaunaHenn »

Beautiful - never seen those ads before - looks like the perfect recipe for a perfect marriage, matching shiny raincoats
kerstinmuc

Post by kerstinmuc »

hey @ all,
A few day after we spoke about the old rainweartimes and beautiful Friesennerz I found a trouser in my size at ebay.
3-2-1-it's my
YAY...
:D
Now I have a second one for spare, I am a lucky girl...!!
Take a look about the perfect condition of it and the low price:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Regenhose-Latzho ... true&rt=nc

greeting from Munich
Kerstin