pvc u like for sale...

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bullitt

Re: pvc u like for sale...

Post by Bullitt »

pvculike wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:53 pm
rainwearseeker wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:41 pm
rainwearseeker wrote: October 15th, 2017, 11:30 am will custom designs ever be accepted?
so the price itself is determined after the item made, which could be exponentially higher?
The price was always agreed first, but it always takes longer to refine a garment along with wasted materials so always hard to get right not to mention lost production time.
So, if you know it always takes longer, uses more material, why don't you allow for in your pricing?

If too expensive for your customers then nothing lost, if they're desperate for a particular design, they'll buy and everyone's a winner.

Economic sense to me.
rainwearseeker

Re: pvc u like for sale...

Post by rainwearseeker »

Bullitt wrote: October 18th, 2017, 12:25 pm
pvculike wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:53 pm
rainwearseeker wrote: October 16th, 2017, 8:41 pm

so the price itself is determined after the item made, which could be exponentially higher?
The price was always agreed first, but it always takes longer to refine a garment along with wasted materials so always hard to get right not to mention lost production time.
So, if you know it always takes longer, uses more material, why don't you allow for in your pricing?

If too expensive for your customers then nothing lost, if they're desperate for a particular design, they'll buy and everyone's a winner.

Economic sense to me.
I agree. I would be willing to spend more if I can get the custom design I want. one idea is to have a rain suit where the back hem of the jacket is welded to the pants or bib. I want to get a haz chem suit with some modifications and in the thicker material, but, sadly I am informed it cannot be done. Could custom designs have a surcharge or special condition? I would not mind waiting if certain conditions are made.