Nylon Cagoules

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Scootaloo1

Re: Nylon Cagoules

Post by Scootaloo1 »

annabell-cagoule wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 5:57 pm I have if anyone wants them a load of nylon cagoules from the 80’s / 90’s that have some damage, just stitching coming undone, i never wear them and before they go in the bin as we need space at home does anyone want them?

Mix of navy blue over the head and zip up, i think
Some yellow kag in a bag, red, multicoloured TKO that has delaminated.

I know someone loved destroying cagoules, which i think is a big shame myself but these are well worn and failing in the stiching. Mix of sizes small to xl

Free to a good home
You getting rid of all your cagoules?
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

No, i had over 150, i sold allot i no longer wear or use last year, time to get rid of some of the ones that are too small, too big, stitching going. All of these are slightly damaged or have stitching gone under the arms or have delaminated in the case of the TKO / outdoor sceen one.

So thought someone might want them for messy play or doesnt mind them being torn off them and when ruined, disposed of or repaired.
Lets get swishy!
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

So many comments on this thread match my own feelings and experiences.

Youngandshiny, I'm totally with you in terms of the age (roughly) you discovered your love for cagoules and, more especially, women in them!

YKK, your cagoules remind me of one I found abandoned in one of the cloakrooms when I was at primary school. I used to wear it every breaktime, rain or shine until it mysteriously disappeared and I never saw it again.

Annabell-cagoule, I don't think I can narrow it down to one particular thing about a cagoule. I love everything about them!
annabell-cagoule

Hey i love cagoules theres a message for you om your welcome thread x
Lets get swishy!
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Nice walk in my cagoule this evening. Rained a bit. Met a chap in a cagoule who was very friendly but we didn't get to exchange comments about our attire (he was someone who was not wearing one). Saw a woman in a very nice purple shiny cagoule that I have never seen before then finally in the supermarket saw a lady wry smartly dressed but with an open blue cagoule - I think the contrast between her smart business wear and the rainwear made it very sexy.
YKK

Post by YKK »

Ilovecagoules wrote: August 6th, 2019, 9:00 pm YKK, your cagoules remind me of one I found abandoned in one of the cloakrooms when I was at primary school. I used to wear it every breaktime, rain or shine until it mysteriously disappeared and I never saw it again.
Sounds like the abandoned Cagoule was unfortunately thrown in the bin.
It's a sad thing that thousands, if not millions of what are my favourite Nylon Cagoules. Were just thrown away.
100% NYLON, Waterproofed with Acrylic coating on the inside.
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Love those cags so much! Really wish I could find one!
annabell-cagoule

You see them in charity shops now and then but they are getting hard to find, used to be loads about at one point and you could almost take your pick.

I find seaside town charity shops the best or in rural walking areas.
Lets get swishy!
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Wow that’s a lovely cagoule. Nice example with the stripes.

I too have quite a few of these cagoules with the stripes on the sleeves. Got royal blue which is my all time favourite, red and navy blue in my collection.

I totally agree these are getting hard to find and not many people wearing them out. The last time I saw someone wearing one was While I was out driving and a runner was in a navy one.
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

I'd have found it hard to keep my eyes on the road! I'm a bus driver by trade and it's so easy to get distracted if someone's boards wearing a cagoule or you pass someone in the street!