Nylon Cagoules

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
annabell-cagoule

Re: Nylon Cagoules

Post by annabell-cagoule »

The navy and white ones of those were always a fav, esp if the coating was shiny :)
Lets get swishy!
cagoulion

Post by cagoulion »

Been a very rainy day here so I got to wear something vintage and Regatta today with not a second glance. It's only a few months since I saw a very old navy nylon striped arm cag on a girl half the age of the jacket pusing a pram. She does seem to have replaced it already though with one of those much loved by Primark red PVC jackets so I suspect it was a charity shop buy that I missed out on..
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

You gotta hope that she's either kept the cagoule or donated it to another charity shop for another lucky buyer to find!
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

It would be great if someone could remake the cagoule with the with the 1” stripe down the sleeve like they did with the Peter Storm.

I myself may try and do it.
YKK

Post by YKK »

discoruss wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:53 am It would be great if someone could remake the cagoule with the with the 1” stripe down the sleeve like they did with the Peter Storm.

I myself may try and do it.
Has to be made from Nylon not Polyester. With Shiny Acrylic coating on the inside.
Noisy Nylon too, not any of this quiet nonsense.

There is a Nylon Cagoule like this for sale on ebay at the moment (as of 19 August 2019 anyway)
It's pretty beat up though. Not been looked after by it's owner. Parts of it look Sun faded.
It has colour bleed too and the blue colour has run into the white stripes and the drawcords.
Which most likely means it's been shoved in a washing machine.
Why do people not realise; You cant wash a WATERPROOF Cagoule in a washing machine without damaging
the waterproofing.

Here's the Cagoule on ebay It's ebay item number: 352760475142 if you want to search ebay.
There is also what looks like and early orange Peter Storm Smock Cagoule for sale by the same seller.
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Totally agree. The noiser and swisher the better.
Looks to have had better days. People will never learn.
annabell-cagoule

I sold a couple of ones like the above last year, navy, royal blue and i rare red one in thicker nylon with a chunky zip. I think a couple of members bought them in the end, i hope they are enjoying them!
Lets get swishy!
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Just had a look at the orange Peter Storm and that has marks on one of the sleeves. Credit to the seller for their honesty but (not that I'm in a position to buy right now) if I want a cag I'd want it in pretty decent nick!
annabell-cagoule

There is a red one in ebay at the mo with white stripes in mint condition! Might fit someone here :). X

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3829110281
Lets get swishy!
YKK

Post by YKK »

annabell-cagoule wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 8:22 am There is a red one in ebay at the mo
Yea. I'm so tempted. But I have many as it is. I just hope it goes to a good home.