Rainwear in the US and the UK

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
raincoatboy

Re: Rainwear in the US and the UK

Post by raincoatboy »

MissRachel wrote: June 10th, 2019, 6:06 pm Here is one of my favorites!

Is that a pvc dome umbrella? Me likes.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

So do I and the same umbrella is used by the Queen of England.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

blackmacjay wrote: July 29th, 2019, 9:13 pm So do I and the same umbrella is used by the Queen of England.
I love it when we post pictures ONTO a thread. It makes it more personal.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

blackmacjay wrote: July 29th, 2019, 9:13 pm So do I and the same umbrella is used by the Queen of England.
How does that work, do you share it?

You have it Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and the Queen has it the rest of the week
Onslow

Post by Onslow »

As a Brit who has lived in Northern California for 12 years , I would agree with other US writers . It is rare to see longer raincoats being worn at all but rubber rain boots are very popular . The only time you can see anything near real rainwear is on commuter trains into major Cities ( San Francisco in my case ) . Quite a lot of good items in the stores this year as it was much wetter than recent times , but still rare to see them being worn .
I only visit the UK for a couple of weeks a year , so not sure how it works there but from memory it is quite similar .? So perhaps it is where people have to walk some distances and have no other form of protection .
My own lady friend has a Stutterheim Opal , which I bought for her & she really likes it .