Rainwear in public in June

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rives

Re: Rainwear in public in June

Post by Rives »

Jenni wrote: June 24th, 2019, 11:17 am Had wonderful time yesterday afternoon walking for over two hours in the pouring rain with my soul mate appropriately dressed in our mackintoshes and rubber boots.........mine a red rubberlined satin tightly belted with hood and he in his SBR and sou'wester. It was very humid and we soon became hot and sweaty as we rustled along .
I imagine you looked very smart Jenni
PVC Raincoat

Rainwear in public in June

Post by PVC Raincoat »

Had a wonderful afternoon yesterday (Sunday), my wife and I went to see Rocketman, it was (and still is) raining so I wore my black pvc PUL cagoule and she wore her pink pvc PUL mac, we both kept them on fully done up all through the movie. My arm around her, her head resting on my shoulder and her hand resting in my lap.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

I love to be daring and wear my pvc rainwear and wellies in public and the looks you get just excite me !
NoraSverige

Post by NoraSverige »

i wear my raincoat as a normal coat. its good against wind and its cute fashion. I notice i get more eyes on me when using my raincoat. Not sure if its juse becouse its just shiny or if some people just find raincoats attractive. But i dont mind the attention.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

I wear my raincoat everyday at the moment and no one takes any notice.
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

Andyf08 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 8:02 pm I wear my raincoat everyday at the moment and no one takes any notice.
As do I, I seldom get a second glance.
NoraSverige

Post by NoraSverige »

I think it depends on how the raincoat look. my raincoat sticks out and is more fashion designed. and very shiny.

Some raincoats are more matt and not sticks out as much in design. colors etc
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

I usually wear a black glossy double breasted female trench Mac and get the odd look, but even today I was wearing my brown Mac bought from Wallis and rarely get any looks.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Was in Cornwall this weekend in the pouring rain, so many ladies wearing pvc polyester/ cotton backed macs, the modern rubbery feel to them type, so many colours (stripes or rose print seem most popular) and quite a few guys in cagoules, modern kway, modern peter storm, a fair few super dry cagoule lookalikes, saw a good number of fishermans rainwear being worn as fashion items and a ciuple see through pvc plastic fashion macs being worn by teenagers. There is hope yet! Lol xx
Lets get swishy!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Was in Cornwall this weekend in the pouring rain, so many ladies wearing pvc polyester/ cotton backed macs, the modern rubbery feel to them type, so many colours (stripes or rose print seem most popular) and quite a few guys in cagoules, modern kway, modern peter storm, a fair few super dry cagoule lookalikes, saw a good number of fishermans rainwear being worn as fashion items and a ciuple see through pvc plastic fashion macs being worn by teenagers. There is hope yet! Lol xx

Which part of Cornwall were you in Annabel? I live there but rarely see any traditional rainwear being worn.