What excites you most?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Johnnyrbr

What excites you most?

Post by Johnnyrbr »

I have just returned from a few days in Llandudno in North Wales. Whilst there my wife and I had a stroll along the pier. She does not know the full extent of my passion for rubber etc. But I always take every opportunity to take a closer look at any macks or other gear I spot. Also we have of late joked about brightening up our lives with some brightly coloured clothes. We are both retired so there is little chance really of doing so. However when I spot something like I did a few days ago it gives me opportunity of holding the 'garment and making comment. There on this stall, right at the front was displayed this lovely yellow short mack. I was then able to hold it and suggest to the wife that that would certainly brighten up our lives. It was not shiny as many like but felt very rubbery. Sadly it was too small for either of us. On our way back we passed the stall again and I purposely walked very close to this mack and dragged the back of my hand across this lovely mack. As I walked I wondered to myself what I liked best about it. Was it the colour,or the feel. I still don't know but I do know I love the feel, looks, and smell of rubber, PVC, plastic, and the real old fashioned oilskin. All these elements excite me in one way or another. I also love to see the creases and folds in macks and wellingtons
Anyone definite about what excites them ?
rainwear-experience

Re: What excites you most?

Post by rainwear-experience »

Johnnyrbr wrote: September 21st, 2019, 9:32 am I have just returned from a few days in Llandudno in North Wales. Whilst there my wife and I had a stroll along the pier. She does not know the full extent of my passion for rubber etc. But I always take every opportunity to take a closer look at any macks or other gear I spot. Also we have of late joked about brightening up our lives with some brightly coloured clothes. We are both retired so there is little chance really of doing so. However when I spot something like I did a few days ago it gives me opportunity of holding the 'garment and making comment. There on this stall, right at the front was displayed this lovely yellow short mack. I was then able to hold it and suggest to the wife that that would certainly brighten up our lives. It was not shiny as many like but felt very rubbery. Sadly it was too small for either of us. On our way back we passed the stall again and I purposely walked very close to this mack and dragged the back of my hand across this lovely mack. As I walked I wondered to myself what I liked best about it. Was it the colour,or the feel. I still don't know but I do know I love the feel, looks, and smell of rubber, PVC, plastic, and the real old fashioned oilskin. All these elements excite me in one way or another. I also love to see the creases and folds in macks and wellingtons
Anyone definite about what excites them ?
Christmas
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

Very very old Oilskins
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

Shiny Pvc and Rubber macs...Shiny Oilskins...Rubber waders and wellies. I have loved macs from childhood and the rest has followed on.
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

Nylon cagoules. Much like you with the mac in Llandudno Johnnyrbr, I love running my hand over one or just pinching it between my thumb and index finger and rubbing the material together. When worn by a lady, I also love to hear it rustle (especially if the arms brush against the body) and to watch the way the back of the cagoule moves with each stride.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I certainly like the way rubber fold and creases but my attraction to it is more than that. I have a fondness for shiny black wellies and yellow rubber macs like the ones that were around in the 70's, yellow rubber on a blue cotton reversible and hooded.
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

As with Ilovecagoules it's the movement as the material flexes that gets me most , even better if the fabric has a shine . I have recently had to start using a four wheeled walker , " So What " I hear you cry ! SO , the backs of my hands are perfectly placed to " accidentaly " brush against the fabric of an interesting looking rain jacket as I pass in the street or squeeze through a gap in a crowded Tesco aisle .
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

Vintage nylon raincoats, navy blue and brown.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Clear plastic suit with elasticated cuffs and legs; ideally worn by a pretty naked size 16 lady shaved down below. I don't have such a thing (suit or lady) but can dream...
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

luvcapes&macks wrote: September 21st, 2019, 3:29 pm As with Ilovecagoules it's the movement as the material flexes that gets me most , even better if the fabric has a shine . I have recently had to start using a four wheeled walker , " So What " I hear you cry ! SO , the backs of my hands are perfectly placed to " accidentaly " brush against the fabric of an interesting looking rain jacket as I pass in the street or squeeze through a gap in a crowded Tesco aisle .
Surely you dont need a four wheeled walker as an excuse to touch other people without being uninvited to, just tell them you're a pervert and have no self control I'm sure they'll understand