Lord Anthony

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
cagoulion

Lord Anthony

Post by cagoulion »

I still acquire quite a fair bit of rainwear from time to time and the other day I got a small cagoule (really a child size one or very small adult) and I noticed the label said Lord Anthony International. Now that took me back ot a different era as I am sure Lord Anthony made a variety of coats in the 1970s, manily I remember Snorkel Parkas but somewhere at the conrer of my mind I suspect they made orange overhead nylon cagoules (this one was navy blue and overhead). Anybody else encountered this brand?
annabell-cagoule

Re: Lord Anthony

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I had several, royal blue, navy blue, red and orange :)

I think they were C&A owm brand
Lets get swishy!
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

My mum had one in royal blue. Loved wearing it when she wasn't home!
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I girl I worked with in the late 70's had a royal blue one she wore in the winter months, it had a strap that went between the legs to secure it
Ilovecagoules

Post by Ilovecagoules »

That's right rainwear-experience. All secured with buttons if I remember rightly, as were the pockets.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

I had a later one as a kiddy, Orange with black and white stripes on the arms, kangaroo pocket front and a crotch strap to stop it blowing up in the wind, so wish i still had it even though i wouldnt fit it anymore.
Lets get swishy!
rainwear-experience

annabell-cagoule wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 6:05 pm I had several, royal blue, navy blue, red and orange :)

I think they were C&A owm brand
I dont think they were exclusive to C&A as a company in Edinburgh used to advertise them in the Sunday Post, I sent them a chesque of one but they returned it saying they didn't do mail order :(
cagoulion

Post by cagoulion »

Thanks all for the contributions thus far. I'll post a pic of the cagoule when I get it outta the camera. I have a hunch it was a local Scottish chain that had them although not for me C & A. I never remember shopping there and I do remember there was a shop called Robertsons Rainwear that did their own cagoules in a slightly different style from everybody else. I am just amazed that one should pop up from a dealer after all this time.
rainwear-experience

I wonder if thats the place I was thinking of, I see they are still in business as ROBERTSON OUTERWEAR LIMITED based in Glasgow but were called ROBERTSONS RAINWEAR SHOPS LIMITED between 22 May 1936 - 07 Aug 1991
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

This article on Wiki would seem to prove that LA were not a C&A own brand
Well known for their snorkel parka
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Anthony
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)