which Cagoule is best

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
trefoilboy

which Cagoule is best

Post by trefoilboy »

I must have spent over £1000 on raincoats,i have a large collection of Nike Windrunners and Adidas windbreakers but my favorite jackets are over the head nylon Cagoules, the lighter and thinner the better, i like to put the hood up and pull the drawstrings tight so only my nose is sticking out, aalso like to go out in dorky oldfashioned raincoats, are over the head Cags the best i ask?
Cagoule

Re: which Cagoule is best

Post by Cagoule »

Yes for sure overhead or smock cagoules are definately the best in my opinion. In particular, I love the traditional Peter Storm smock cagoules and have many in my collection. I also have several Regatta smock cagoules (quite rare) which I also love. There are not so many around these days sadly but the full zipped ones are also fantastic. Given a choice I will usually wear a full zipped one under with a smock cagoule on the top...!

http://cagoulefetish.blogspot.com/
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

has to be peterstorm! either over the head or zip up! i love the nylon cagoules and have around 75 in my collection plus lots of over trousers. the new generation of kag in a bag ones are fantastic too and keeps the cagoule alivein the british publics imagination. just love them
Lets get swishy!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

annabell-cagoule wrote:the new generation of kag in a bag ones are fantastic too and keeps the cagoule alivein the british publics imagination. just love them
In the local Trespass shop this lunch time - buying overtrousers in a bag - single layer breathable nylon - feel great - they were on display along with their fully zip up cag in a bag - didn't buy one as I have similar
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
rainponcho

Post by rainponcho »

has to be an umbro one!!!!
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I seem to remember a brand called 'Campari' or something similar
merv

Post by merv »

was that campri Ray? was that Milletts own brand at the time or am I imagining it. Personally have a couple of nike ones which I rather like cos they are the sort of thing that can be worn as a light jacket when it is slightly chilly and not just when it rains, they are excellent on a breezy day to keep the wind out
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

You are right Ray. There is a brand called Campari. I have a few. Knee length and come in red, blue, and yellow. Over the head type smock cagoule. I have a few.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I think it was Campri, I remember seeing the logo on the upper arm of a full length royal blue cagoule when i was at school but to be honest i was far more interested in the girl wearing it :)
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Sports Direct do full range of Campri clothing / equipment - BUT no over the head cagoule
http://www.sportsdirect.com/campri?dcp=2
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)