Travelling in your mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
MissRachel

Re: Travelling in your mackintosh

Post by MissRachel »

Jjai wrote: April 15th, 2011, 5:33 pm I think you are quite right garykane, in the UK there seems much more of the 'stigma' you spoke of when a male especially wears PVC / Rainwear. It is much less of a problem in some other places in europe - France & Germany especially I think where people are'nt so outspoken if someone wears / acts slightly differently.
When I first started wearing my PVC macks in public I would travel a small distance away where I was less likely to run into someone I knew, and when I received little or no attention I started wearing them closer to home until people are used to seeing me wearing them now and it is no big deal.
I think the reason this happens is that television has placed this picture of a "flasher" wearing a long coat so deep into people's minds that they automatically think something devious is happening when they see someone on the train in a rubber coat and boots. I just wear what I feel to wear. Sometimes on a cool day (no rain) a long coat is best protection from the wind. I am not in high school any more so I am not trying to impress anyone.

Here I am dressed Lolita Style visiting a local Japanese restaurant. I am wearing my long, blue, PVC mack I bought in the UK. The moment I walked in the door people asked not about my Lolita Style of dress but asked about buying a coat like I was wearing!

Last edited by MissRachel on September 22nd, 2019, 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

I love vintage nylon raincoats and I have 1-2 on almost every day when I go with the dog or anywhere else I go. Also in the sunshine
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

Wore my Rukka to the shops this morning in the rain,a few looks but no comments
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Wore my green peter storm trousers and long karrimor poncho raincoat to tesco this morning
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I regularly wear my vintage Klepper rubber mac but, so far, only ever had favourable comments about it.
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

I frequently go out In all weathers in one of my Macintosh’s. I get comments from a wide selection of people, not when I’m effemme but in male clothes, it can be quite a rush to get compliments, I get bulges lol.
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

rukkacrazy wrote: September 25th, 2019, 9:11 pm
Sarah pvc wrote: September 25th, 2019, 8:55 pm I frequently go out In all weathers in one of my Macintosh’s. I get comments from a wide selection of people, not when I’m effemme but in male clothes, it can be quite a rush to get compliments, I get bulges lol.
yes must be a rush to wear a long shiny raincoat and get comments and bulges as a repsonse
I do darling yes it’s quite a thrill.
Although I don’t wear it my town or locally but I used to Wear a few macs I had when working away, along with pvc knickers or blouses.
I think pvc is more acceptable now as opposed to even a few years ago it was seen as quite Pery it fetishy
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

Pervy or fetishy