Travelling in your mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcluver

Re: Travelling in your mackintosh

Post by pvcluver »

I often wear my dull black pvc thigh length jacket out and about (it's good when there's a cold wind blowing as well as in the rain). It has a lovely slippery surface but essentially is 'workwear' so designed for men. Never had a negative comment, but no positive ones either yet!
capuchelatex69

Post by capuchelatex69 »

Hi dear friends,
At least, we found some free time to do it!!
Lasr week, we went to London with Master for a short pleasurable trip.
With a full programm
First of all, we had to pay a visit to Weather Vain's in Kew Gardens, to pick up the SBR mac. And the double proofed rubber cape we ordered a few weeks ago.
At this time, I wore my Klepper cape and my Hunter wellies, as usual, wherever we go.
When I pushed the door of the Temple of the British Way of Rainwear, it was an immediate enchantment!! Such a strong rubber smell falls on you!! And then, we were welcomed by a lovely and kind shopkeeper lady, who kept a perfect flegm when she saw that, under my klepper cape, I was wearing my red rubber knee lenghth dress, with rubber corseted garter belt and stockings. She was deliciously so british!!
She helped me for fitting the SBR mac, button it, raise the hood and tight the string under my chin, and fasten the belt. This SBR mac fits me as a rubber glove... And its strong smell... And the smoothness of the SBR... Wow!!! It was the hell into my rubber panties, but the CB 6000 mounted the guard...
Then the scenario was repeated with the grey double proofed rubber cape. This exquisite lady put it on my shoulders. Wow!!! So heavy... You feel immediatly so well protected when you get it on. And again, what a. Amazing rubber smell!! She then again took her time to do the press studs one by one, complimenting me about my bravery to wear this nice red rubber dress, shut the neck flap and raise in place the hood.
Two superb items that justify themselves the journey, crowned with this fair Lady, whose accent and beautiful eyes let us think she could be a little Irish... No doubt, so, about her professionalim!!

We leaved Weather Vain's w ith the mac on and the 2 capes ( klepper and new one) packed. Such a delightfull soung to hear the sides of the mac slapping on the stems of my wellies!!

Immediately, I could see the interest of the passers-by, as well men as women, this association of mac and wellies. They could see too the low part of my dress at each step by the front and back openinngs. And I got a lot of sights, in the London streets, in the tube, even at the restaurant where a waitress complimented me warmly about it and stroke a sleeve in an evident passionate way...
If you want to see more, feel free to go and look at my Flickr page : www.flickr.com/photos/capuchelatex69/

Enjoy!!! We will go back soon in London...
mason

Post by mason »

rukkacrazy wrote:I wear my long blue rukka raincoat often on train to work. regardless of weather outside. Like how people look at my raincoat. Even talk about it etc.
Even if it's very obviously anything but wet?

BTW, what do you mean by "talk about it"? - to you? Or can you see/hear them discussing you?
mason

Post by mason »

Oh my word ... you're either brave or very extroverted. I only wear my Rukka in the rain - I just don't like being laughed at (although it still occasionally happens)
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Have to say I only wear my rainwear outside when the weather calls for it, hence dog walk on Monday night in the rain wearing Blue PVC Mac, Blue Overtrousers (Peter Storm) & Green Wellies . HW
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
matron69

Post by matron69 »

I can see your point but why not carry your raincoat over your arm that way you have it with you at all times.
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

It would be nice to get some rain here in the Midlands!
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

It would be nice to get some rain here in the Midlands!
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

You should get some according to weather people this week end - good luck & enjoy
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

matron69 wrote:I can see your point but why not carry your raincoat over your arm that way you have it with you at all times.
Exactly what I did for the 2 days of last years Goodwood Revival (in September) , it rained most of Saturday morning & Sunday afternon so all in a good cause & wore it a lot - and kept dry!! :D