Too Hot For Rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
spitfire617

Re: Too Hot For Rainwear

Post by spitfire617 »

Curiousb wrote: July 13th, 2018, 6:34 am I’m loving this period of warm weather we are currently enjoying here in the UK however it does stop my lovely wife wearing rainwear for a trip out.

Any ideas how she can feasibly wear one of her nylon macs for a trip out without looking out of place?

B
I don't think you can?
Maybe put it over her arm so it is with her?
Otherwise you are stuck!
mackintoshed

Post by mackintoshed »

I agree. There is no nicer look than a woman carrying a mackintosh over the arm-apart from when she's wearing one, of course.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

I am enjoying the warm weather myself. No doubt there will be opportunities for sightings of raincoats and for wearing them again later. Just hope the sun stays around a bit longer though!
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

Its summer. The sun is out and the sky is blue. Just enjoy it. Winter will be around soon enough.
merv

Post by merv »

why would anybody want to be carrying a raincoat even, no danger of rain at all, never known it to be dry for so long here in the UK for a good many years
TsukasaHiiragi

Post by TsukasaHiiragi »

The same here, It hasn't rained here in a long time at this rate we're looking out a drought actually. The few times we did get storms they was dangerous, in fact my local city even got hit by a tornado a month ago and that did $13 million in damage, but otherwise even that didn't have much rain with that storm.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

I don't believe it! After all the sun and heat we have had, I was out last night and got caught in a downpour! If only I had seen the evening forecast, maybe I could have been prepared.
MacExp

Post by MacExp »

Its raining here now, but its still 22 degrees and very humid. It was too hot for my stutterheim, very frustrating!
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

It poured here last night so the wife and I enjoyed a walk in our rainsuits,and when it’s too warm we wear our rainwear in the pool for some fun.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

That is the right attitude ! Another alternative would be wearing rainsuits as perspiration suits. Or perspirate first and then swim or shower with the sweaty Suite still on.