Looking good for pvc fashion

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mikerubber89

Looking good for pvc fashion

Post by mikerubber89 »

While waiting for my train at Stoke in my Stutterheim Opal saw no less than three ladies in black pvc macs.
blackmacjay

Re: Looking good for pvc fashion

Post by blackmacjay »

Just for the heck of it. Was it raining at the time?
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Having been to two major events when it has been raining over the weekend, saw thousands of people but sadly the number of women wearing 'proper' PVC raincoats was probably less than ten. I'll never understand the girls and young women today, they would rather get soaking wet than wear any kind of rainwear just in case their friends think they're 'weird'!

Phil
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Perhaps for these benighted souls, it all depends what is cited as the thing to wear by Facebook or some other strange electronic device.
maxandwellies

Post by maxandwellies »

Sensible ladies, promising.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

Went for a long walk in the rain yesterday well protected in my SBR sou'wester and hunters and received many complements from fellow walkers who were also well dressed in either nylon or pvc mackintoshes. It was a good day to be out.
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Oh Jenni, it would have been nice to see you walking out and about wearing your SBR, not in Kent are you.
rainwearinme

Post by rainwearinme »

Oh Jenni, it would have been nice to see you walking out and about wearing your SBR, not in Kent are you.
Winterboots

Post by Winterboots »

Unlike Jenni, my walk yesterday seemed to show a lack of walkers in rainwear despite it being a perfect day. I certainly enjoyed it!!
debs37

Post by debs37 »

Hi Folks.

Re why ladies dont wear pvc coats and would rather get a good soaking? The reason I have been told by some of my friends is that they dont like the idea of men looking at them. some even go as far as to say its seedyo wear pvc coats.

I have been out with frends with my daughter and it has started to rain, knowing they dont have a raincoat I always carry one of two in my car, just in case Im caught short.. But they would rather get soaked, wear a hoodie or ask me do I have an umbrella.

Debs.xx