HELP!?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvcmcfetish

HELP!?

Post by pvcmcfetish »

Please Help. I need a new raincoat. I have narrowed it down to these two Stutterheim raincoats and I can't decide. Any suggestions/advice would be very much appreciated. Please feel free to make a comment and let me know which one you prefer and think that I should get? Thank you.

https://stutterheim.com/uk/sale/man-sal ... opal-black

or

https://stutterheim.com/uk/sale/man-sale/goteborg-black

Thanks for taking the time to help me
MacRobin

Re: HELP!?

Post by MacRobin »

It simply comes down to your choice whether you prefer a shiny wet look or matte. I like smooth matte but then I would no more force my gentle politics on you than my taste in raincoats where only rubber does it for me. The ideal situation would be if you could afford to buy one of each, but they are not cheap.

It used to just be the ebayers who realised they could get a higher price if they described what was clearly PVC as rubber, but now Stutterheim are at it - - - “rubberized” and then they go on to say it is 100% PVC on cotton.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Well, for me at least, it would have to be the opal black. That is until I noted MacRobins observation on pvc being passed off as 'rubberised'.
So, as an afterthought, personally I would not choose either, which really goes to make this posting a little redundant. I apologise for that.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Personally, I love wearing my opal black, love the shine, love the slight squeaky crackling sounds it makes when I move around in it, and if Course I love getting compliments on it from complete strangers, always female. I’m not a big fan of their matte black, just too boring for me. I have a Stockholm in matte gray and a lightweight “Falun” in pale green, and if I get another matte coat from them it will be in a more festive color like light blue or purple; or if the rainbow striped one ever goes on sale I’ll jump all over that one
Onslow

Post by Onslow »

I have the black Opal & several other matte ones & the like them all . My ultimate preference though is the Opal, just as Bill says it is great to wear and material is heavier & stiffer than the matte ones . Some might feel a little self conscious in the Opal as it is shiny - personally I don't but it is up to you . It would be a shame to buy one & then not wear it in public . I got all of mine in the various & frequent sales that Stutterheim have . It is worth waiting until they appear in a sale , as most of the range usually do .
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

How are Stutterheim raincoats for size.
I have a 46 inch chest and need 26 inches between armpits.
So will their XL be big enough for me.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Steve