Anybody else love some latex / rubber rainwear?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Phee Jameson

Anybody else love some latex / rubber rainwear?

Post by Phee Jameson »

Hello guys, firstly a little introduction as this is my first post on these forums! I'm Phee, a 21 year old model and photographer from England, though I'm currently on a little gap year travelling New Zealand.

I'm relatively new to this particular community, though having modelled latex for around 3-4 years I have modelled and collected several beautiful pieces, including a few lovely bits of rainwear. I have three latex raincoats - a gorgeous 60's / 70's style trench coat, a pink rain jacket (Probably my favourite!) and a red blazer style coat - as well as a rubber mackintosh, and a few PVC / Plastic bits.

I've signed up to the site because I have a lot of upcoming projects that will include some rainwear of various materials, so I thought I could share a few pictures here and there to an audience that will probably appreciate them!

Due to my love for latex, those ones will always be my favourite! Here is my favourite pink piece from Libidex.

mackintoshed

Re: Anybody else love some latex / rubber rainwear?

Post by mackintoshed »

Hi. Great photo. Would love to see you in one of your rubber mackintoshes.
yellowgirl

Post by yellowgirl »

Lovely photo of you hope to see more pictures of you in your rainwear,keep up with the progress thanks for this one
mrbassman101

Post by mrbassman101 »

Welcome aboard ! Lovely photo of you in your gorgeous pink latex rainwear.
I would also love to see some photos of you in your rubber Mackintoshes.
Thank you for the photo.
Regards mrbassman101
Zodiac

Post by Zodiac »

very nice try some hunter boots too
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Or better yet! Try a pair of Acquo boots.
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

Welcome. I am dying to see you in a shiny pvc raincoat. Acquo boots would look awesome with that outfit.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

Lovely photo
Look forward to more - hopefully
Enjoy your " gap" year
Willy
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
Phee Jameson

Post by Phee Jameson »

Thank you all, a lot of suggestions for Acquo boots. Truth be told, I've not heard of them before but I'll have to check them out.

As for the rubber mac, I've only actually shot in that once which was a few years back now. I'm not sure if any of the photos are still around sadly. Could be time to dig it out again though!

And PVC / plastic- I have one clear blue PVC coat, but I always find that it is a little bit unflattering in photos. Probably down to the manufacturer / designer of that particular jacket rather than the material itself, but it put me off spending my money on more PVC coats in case they end up the same. I've been eyeing up a few things from elements rainwear recently though!

I've also recently bought an orange Helly Hanson trawler jacket which has a plastic / rubber feel to it, as well as a full yellow rainsuit with trousers and a long length plastic / rubber feel smock from Allmer, I think the brand is called. (It's the same material as the Helly Hanson coat. I'm not exactly sure on the material as I bought them from ebay, it's not quite PVC but not quite rubber either. It feels somewhere inbetween the two and is very thick, smooth, and industrial looking.) That is pretty much the extent of my rainwear collection.

As I say, I'm fairly new to it all so I don't have the biggest collection. But I have a BIG project coming up including myself and a variety of other models, which will involve a lot of rainwear so it is very likely that a lot of new things will appear on that list.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Thanks for posting, nice pic btw, look forward to seeing how your project evolves