Reactions from other people

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvccoatgirlspartner

Re: Reactions from other people

Post by pvccoatgirlspartner »

https://www.asos.com/asos-curve/asos-cu ... rd/7267551

When it's raining, I regularly wear my high shine black PVC jacket from ASOS when I head to my local corner shop.

The lady who works behind the counter recently complimented me on the fact that it was nice to see a man wearing a shiny jacket. At that point she reached across the counter and stroked my arm for a feel of the material!

I've had no opportunity to wear it for a while as it's not rained since and I've not seen her in the shop either!! :-(
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

I love wearing my see-through plastic mac but, living in a small close-knit community, I only wear it when I am far enough away from home where it is unlikely that I will meet anyone who will know me. My wife and I sometimes go on holiday with a group of friends and they have often seen me put on my mac when it rains. At first, years ago, they made sarky comments like " That's a rather fetching raincoat ! "" but never anything nasty. Now, it doesn't attract any comments from them.
I have had some strange looks from some men, obviously disapproving, but that doesn't worry me because they don't know me and therefore it doesn't worry me. I have had a couple of "knowing" smiles from women which pleased me very much and I have had a couple of compliments from men. I was leaving a pub in Blackpool once when it was pouring with rain, putting on my mac, a young chap said I had made a wise choice considering the weather. While on holiday in the Lake District a man said how appropriate my mac was for the weather at the time. Again, while on holiday in the Lake District, my wife and I visited Beatrix Potter's house and I had on my PVC-u-like unisex see-through plastic cagoule as it was raining quite heavily. I was told by a rather stern National Trust lady that I had to leave my cagoule at the entrance as they didn't want water dripping off the mac and, about my mac in particular, she said "they are the worst". That's probably the worst reaction I have ever got.
Here's looking forward to the next holiday and, yes, I hope it rains !!!!
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

You can't beat the good old British summer weather for needing a mac. I was once walking through some woods with my dogs and of course it was raining hard. On this particular occasion I had decided to wear my Black Diamond rubber coat complete with hood, and of course wellies which I normally wore for dog walking. Deep into the trees a man, on another path spotted me, and took a distinct detour to pass close but on getting within twenty metres he grunted a disapproving noise and quickly retraced his steps. I cannot say that it bothered me just made me curious to know why someone should go out of their way to confirm a suspicion of which they already knew they disapproved.
Still, each to their own, most comments are favourable, so why be bothered with the ones that are not.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Being in Texas we have only a few rainy months and even a shorter cool month. As such there are few times to wear something made from PVC. However I have got many good comments dressed in my rainwear. I think the trick is wear your best when is raining or windy :)
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
Agu-Fan

Post by Agu-Fan »

I have a casual PU raincoat that a lot people here in The Netherland where and couple of weeks ago I visited a old friend an she commented about how great the coat looks and that it really suited me.
Latexcpl

Post by Latexcpl »

Just spent the weekend in Blackpool and everyone else was wearing shiny coats of sorts so I fitted right in. No looks or comments really.
Latexcpl

Post by Latexcpl »

Just spent the weekend in Blackpool and everyone else was wearing shiny coats of sorts so I fitted right in. No looks or comments really.
pvclovering

Post by pvclovering »

MaybeI should have gone to Blackpool on Saturday. I was wearing my semi transparent black cagoule in Skipton on that day, and was the only person wearing pvc. Would have been good to see someone else though. Did get a smile from a lady which made it worthwhile. Seems like it is going to be a wet week this week so plenty of chances to wear my raincoat.
rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

Early this morning went to get the newspaper in my beige rubberised cotton mackintosh, so nice walking in the rain. Now I am just back from a nice long walk in the rain in my rubberised nylon mackintosh, nobody seemed to notice me or my mackintosh. Now back home but still enjoying that smooth rubber feel and the erotic aroma.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I too have a beige/putty colored rubberized single-texture cotton mackintosh and wear it regularly when it rains.

And, guess what?

It's a mackintosh and nobody notices except me. I guess our "fetish feeling" doesn't seem to matter except to me and that's the way it ought to be.

Darn, it's our fetish in the first place. We spend a lot more ready cash in order to buy the garments we like,

So, blah to the rest of the world,