Reactions from other people

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
delboy

Re: Reactions from other people

Post by delboy »

Over the years both my wife and myself have received a number of compliments for wearing suitable coats for the weather, however I must admit most of the comments come from ladies.

We both wear our black PVC raincoats when we are out in the rain.

Delboy
Shinyladylvr

Post by Shinyladylvr »

When my wife wears one of her pvc macs out she nearly always gets a compliment and a question from men and women. I like your coat, where did you get it from is the most common conversation starter.
1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

No, I wear my nylon navy blue raincoat almost every day when walking with the dog, also in the sunshine. Most just walk by. one time, someone turned around and looked around.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

1000Raincoats wrote: April 20th, 2019, 3:07 pm No, I wear my nylon navy blue raincoat almost every day when walking with the dog, also in the sunshine. Most just walk by. one time, someone turned around and looked around.
Fantastic! I’d definitely give you a second look lol x
Lets get swishy!
Straitjacketed

(Deleted)

Post by Straitjacketed »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Straitjacketed on December 30th, 2021, 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
travis28

Post by travis28 »

Linda and I were in Manhattan around 2008 and she was wearing this coat and t-shirt and it was really pouring down with rain. Two young girls (about 18) came up to Linda and said "Miss, I love your fashion sense!" (in a nice way, they seemed really honest). When they found out we were English they were even more complimentary :) Funnily enough, the raincoat was purchased in NYC a few years previously.

1000Raincoats

Post by 1000Raincoats »

annabell-cagoule wrote: April 21st, 2019, 1:27 pm
1000Raincoats wrote: April 20th, 2019, 3:07 pm No, I wear my nylon navy blue raincoat almost every day when walking with the dog, also in the sunshine. Most just walk by. one time, someone turned around and looked around.
Fantastic! I’d definitely give you a second look lol x
If you also wear a nylon coat I can know you ...... :P
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

I have a collection of about 12 different coloured raincoats mainly pvc and also long and short ones. For about the last 6 months I have been going out early on a Sunday morning for a walk (mainly in the rain during the winter) and popping into the local tesco express when they open to get a drink, I've mainly been served by the same lady every time I go in, today she was there and when I walked up to the counter to pay for my drink she said to me that she loved all the different colours of raincoats I've been wearing, this made me feel nice and that someone had noticed what I was wearing.
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

I no longer run a car , so going to the shops / bank / library means walking down to town . If it looks like rain or is raining then i allways wear my Weathervain navy blue rubber - lined cotton , hooded mackintosh , with green Hunters if actually raining . I have enjoyed many comments from friends or strangers , all apreciative and never negative . Comments such as , you look smart , now that is the way to dress when it's raining , where can I buy a mackintosh like that , you look good today .
Makes me wonder why one sees so few people wearing a mackintosh
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

Probably it's the price that puts people off. If the likes of Weathervain had more reasonable prices I am sure people would buy decent rainwear. Not everyone has got £500 for a mackintosh. Then again, we do not see people in PVC rainwear which is far less. I don't know what's the answer.