too much love

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
ac192004

too much love

Post by ac192004 »

I really appreciate everything I have read here.

I can share one story, a true one, without a beginning, middle or end. Just a portrait, really.

I used to own so many raincoats, from so many different places. I really love the feel and look and sensation of what I call the "modern style" of manufactured rainwear, but I think I come from a simpler time.

I bought raincoats from all sorts of different places, mostly charity shops. This habit has not died, it has just become harder.

From the rukka raincoats of my childhood to the pu fashion style of the 90s to the long dreamed of and never attained sbr.

I had gathered quite a collection, many years ago, which is, alas, no more. I have thrown out more rainwear than I can really bear to remember. Some sort of denial, or refusal to believe the obvious.

Nevertheless, I found myself, one day, in my room with nothing to do but dress in my all time favourite apparel. There was a slim thin pvc full length mac, followed by a crisp blue crinkly pvc mac and a green rukka-style full length coat. Then I put on a clingy black see-thru coat with popper studs - it was getting quite tight. I had a heavey transparent yellow coat which I cut up and made a jacket and skirt which I put on next.

And it went on. I counted them when I took them off. 17 different pvc rainwear items. Covered. The floor of my room was covered, both before and afterwards.

Some moments stick in the memory, never to be forgotten, meaningless and yet the most important days of our lives.

There have been others.

And I am so sad that I have lost all those raincoats forever.

ac