Mudding in Green Hunters

Stories and fantasies about rainwear.
Akagi1968

Mudding in Green Hunters

Post by Akagi1968 »

I've always loved wellies, especially as I grew older. I usually bought generic black rubber boots, but one year I finally decided to splurge and buy a pair of genuine green Hunter Wellington boots. There is just something about them that make them the definitive wellies (I know, some will argue for Le Chameau, Aigle, Argyll's or Bullseyes).
I used to live near a forest some years back, and come springtime when the snow would melt, it would turn the entire area into a swamp. One night, when it was raining particularly hard, I decided to give my new Hunters a proper mud baptism. I put on a pair of old jeans that I was not afraid to ruin, along with an old windbreaker, and set out.
I had to cross over railroad tracks to get to the forest, and as I was climbing down the incline, I noticed a large mud puddle. I was halfway down from the tracks, and wondered: should I jump into it? I figured it was just a 5-foot leap, and if I was going to give my new boots a proper mudding, this was the way to do it! So I lept...
... and landed flat on my butt! The large puddle was a rather deceptively larger mud hole. I was completely covered in the foulest-smelling ooze all the way up my waist and all over my back. When I finally stood up, I could feel the mud squishing the insides of my wellies. I must admit, as disgusting as it might have seemed, it was liberating as all hell, and I couldn't help but laugh! And as soon as I climbed out of the foul muck, I jumped right back in, this time on my belly, so now I was completely brown from head to toe.
After about an hour mudlarking around the forest, I managed to clean myself up a bit using snow and melt water, and managed to get back home without anyone noticing (I went out at around 2:00am). I went to sleep quite happy, knowing that I would get more opportunities to test out the mud hole that spring.