Every raincoat picture you ever wanted!

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Domino

Re: Every raincoat picture you ever wanted!

Post by Domino »

I think Ray was being sarcastic, as he's been a victim of this site on more than one occasion. It may well be why he hasn't been able to afford to update Rainwear Cafe since September.
I was always under the impression that Doctissimo was an organisation rather than a single person.
Don't they invite their members to contribute the photos? It seems to be on a 'no questions asked' basis. They will take them down, if requested.
I don't think criminal proceedings would ever be considered feasible for this sort of thing, though theoretically it is a crime. Civil proceedings would be hellishly expensive, on top of which you would have to be able to prove you've suffered an actual loss. The fact that Doctissimo is based in France only makes it more unlikely to be worth it. There is a doctissimo.com but I think this section can only be accessed through the French site.

Domino
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 11th, 2021, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

In my business have also had copyright problems. Someone had bought some photographs from me and posted them on Flickr claiming he had paid for them and so could do what he liked with them! Myself and others had a go at him regarding copyright laws but he was to thick to see our point and had ignored the community guidelines that state you should not post anything that is not yours. Sadly, there are a lot of idiots like him and I know the law will be changing soon to give even more freedom of use.

Phil.
merv

Post by merv »

can see why Ray is so annoyed at the flouting of copyright but the problem seems to be that copyright laws never really foresaw the boom of the internet, firstly how do you actually stop people doing it when they know that in reality it is totally impractical to take them to court, even if you can find them, and if you did what countrys jurisdiction would you use, the internet goes beyond international borders. We know people here are from all over the world. The whole copyright thing needd a complete worldwide overhaul in some way.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 11th, 2021, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macklovin

Post by Macklovin »

I just had a very pleasant surprise when I spotted a photo of myself here, on this Club Doctissmo site.
I'm walking along wearing one of my favourite shiny black macs from PVC U Like, tightly buttoned and belted.
It must have been taken over a year ago, as I've been wearing a wider, shiny patent black belt with that mac for quite a while.
It's the picture near the bottom of the first page and in the background you can see a shop that says Vodaphone Wimbledon.
It's a shame that the photo is taken from behind. It doesn't do this beautiful mac justice.
Hope you like it too.
uki

Post by uki »

proff
travis28

Post by travis28 »

I've spotted a few of my photos on there. I am seriously thinking about doing the "watermarking" thing.
Julia311

Post by Julia311 »

travis28 wrote:I've spotted a few of my photos on there. I am seriously thinking about doing the "watermarking" thing.
Good Idea and works.did this some years ago in a tv anchor Forum to mark my caps
merv

Post by merv »

travis28 wrote:I've spotted a few of my photos on there. I am seriously thinking about doing the "watermarking" thing.
its interesting reading this thread that some people both understand the concept of copyright theft, some have been the victim of it, and some will merrily sit there getting excited by the pictures compeletely oblivious to or caring not about the problem. I wonder what those people will do when the supply dries up because its not financially viable to commission more pictures.