Messy rainwear

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
hazrainsuitman6

Re: Messy rainwear

Post by hazrainsuitman6 »

plasphil wrote:Not sure about her attitude? She doesn't seem to want to be wearing the suit, hopefully her friend is more enthusiastic when she puts hers on.

Phil.

Maybe see hasn't been feeling to good lately which may explain her lack of enthusiasm http://umd.net/forums/jessie_is_unwell
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Looks as if all that gear was brand new before it was messed up, was it. :o

I am not sure wheter this one here is also running under the category messy rainwear (would post pictures but don't know how). For a relative we originally had some rainpants and also some elegant vinyl pants changed into diaper covers by cuting their legs off and having elastic bands sewn into the seams.

These are very convenient to wear compared to the classic plastic ones. They are more robust in terms of ripping even though they are a little soffter to the touch than the "real ones". For some people it is also an advantage that they are alittle less rustly. The disadvantage is, that they can't be wiped out due to the wet fabric backing if there is no time or facility to wash them (which is easily possible with the classic diaper covers). But this is not a big problem when there are enough "spares".

In the meantime we have quite some experience with these , because we are already using the third generation of them. The yellow "Freisennerz" ones made from fabric backed PVC are the ones that are the most robust. They can be washed quite hot and it takes about as slong as the classic plasic pants until they get ugly, brittle and leaky. PU coated ones live less long but are more soft to the touch usually and can often be had in less brighjt colours as well.

We also tried different "set ups" like an additional outer cotton shell sewn to them that makes then a little less rustly and less plastic looking (this would of course not matter to meband anyone else here I think). The other design that we tried is turniung them inside out such that the fabric backing is on the outside and apply an inner cotton cover. Both setups have the disadvantage that it is less easy to see where they are getting brittle and leaky or apply some tape as a provisional measure. But yes, they almost looked like ordinary underwear !

There are currently some new ones in the make and I am looking forward to see how they turn out.

For the ones after these we will try to sew some absorbent backing to the inside to make them all in one diapers.

In the meantime there is quite large pile of retired ones and I will most probably boil them in hot water for hygiene reasons and then they will go through a shredder some day.
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

Dont shred them, can I have them please?
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I will try to see what I can do. There is actually an agreement that they will have to be destroyed because the owner doesn't want anyone to mess around with his retired diaper covers (PUN halfway intended). We always keep some of the last generation in case that all of the current ones are in the soaking bin already or in the washing machine or on the clothes line. Sometimes they have to be provisionally repaired with tape such that they can be used one more last time.

Below I will post some pictures of the first generation, which was already worn out and destroyed.

This one here is a picture of the elegant ladies vinyl pants that we altered into a diaper cover. Those are by a German fashion label and they look very sexy and elegant on pretty women. They were also quite expensive originally but we got a few of these at an outlet for about 10% of their original price. They are made from a stretch fabric with a slightly shiny plastic coating.
At first we thought they wouldn't work because of the front zip, which doesn't help for waterproofing. But they work well with small pads because they can be worn in a tight size due to the stretch fabric and the zip fly. Without zip they couldn't be pulled up that easily in a small size and at the same time taking care of keeping the pad in place.

And this is how they turned out:

Because we also wanted to try something that is welded and made from a fabric that is actually meant to be used as a barrier against water and dirt we also took some Rukka rainpants made from PU coated stretch fabric. Later on we also used PVC coated ones because they can be washed quite hot. But these ones here are comfortable to wear and are usually used for long travels and/or overnight because they can carry a large pad. But they wouldn't keep a small pad in position as well as the zip-front ones, although it works with some additional ordinary underpants worn over the Rukka ones. OTOH the zip ones are sometimes used with a large pad but then they will fit really tight and I feel quite sorry for them in that case.

Here is a shot from the inside with the soft inner fabric. The disadvantage is that the latter is white and looks quite ugly after some dozens of uses. Like the picture before this one here was taken before they went to their first "live test".

Here is what they looked like after the first test. I was quite excited and at the same time turned off by the idea that someone was putting them on at the very moment, only to mess them sometime later in the afternoon. I will not take any pictures more messy than that one - let alone post it somewhere on the web. Those who want "more messy" shall use their own phantasy. And yes - more messy is definitely possible !

It was actually my idea to try all these garments for that purpose because our relative wasn't content with the pants he used before. After only two minutes of discussion everyone found that this was a cool idea and that we would definitely try it out. Ten minutes later I was suddenly turned-off by my own idea, knowing what it actually means for some of my favourite kind of garments. But I kept quiet. Still today I have some remorse every one and then. For the pants it means being abused and thrown away after a short life. One has to keep in mind that these things are doomed as soon as you walk out of the shop with these because they can be (ab)used like that only for something beween half a year and one year. OTOH regular hondreds of thousands of ordinary plastic pants are "abused" in the same way everyday. Thousands of new ones are bought each day and also thousands are thrown away as well and end up in landfills or incinerators.
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Is it me or has someone lost the plot here?

Phil.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Thougt this might fit in here because it has to do with messy and rainwear. Please let me know by private message if you agree or if I should open a new thread or if it is maybe even too provoking.
rcl

Post by rcl »

Did you mean to post something?
rcl

Post by rcl »

Whoops I didn't look at the previous page! Sorry.
rubvin

Post by rubvin »

plasphil wrote:Not sure about her attitude? She doesn't seem to want to be wearing the suit, hopefully her friend is more enthusiastic when she puts hers on.

Phil.

Where would someone get this rain suit? Very nice.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I wonder what they do with these garments after the messing.
It looks all brand new and not like used and washed several times.