Christmas rainwear for my wife

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Bill_P

Christmas rainwear for my wife

Post by Bill_P »

Got my wife a major bargain, a shiny red Jane Post "Princess Slicker". She absolutely loves it, as it has all the things she likes in a coat: flattering cut, detachable hood, and sexy animal print lining. And she was thrilled to be able to wear it one unusually warm and wet day last week. I know they're pricy at $325 but I got this one on ebay for $125. She also loves the red color, much sexier than a similar coat I got her in yellow a couple of years ago. I also lucked out and found a pair of the tall Ilse Jacobsen lace-up rain boots for $84 on Amazon, as opposed to the $200 you can expect to pay anywhere else. Only problem is they only had them in pink or yellow at that price so I couldn't get her preferred colors of black or red, opting instead for the yellow.

blackmacjay

Re: Christmas rainwear for my wife

Post by blackmacjay »

Nice choice Bill.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

Thanks. I already can't wait for the chilly wet days of spring to get here.
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

Explain those boots again. What kind are they? Are they shiny? Got any pics?
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

These. Been coveting a pair for her for about 5 years now but could never find a pair we could afford until now. Again I'd prefer them in red or black but I'll take what I can get.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

I somehow missed out on those Dennis Basso coats, forcing me to spend more on the much pricier Jane post slickers.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

You certainly had a good bargain with the coat and boots and I'm sure that your wife will enjoy wearing them. She will have plenty of opportunity to do so here in U.K.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

If only we lived on your side of the pond...we're still mired in a deep freeze in Wisconsin.
Onslow

Post by Onslow »

Bill - move to Northern California , we are experiencing UK type weather at the moment , no snow ( unless you want to go into the Sierras ) but lots of rain ! Won't last of course but highly enjoyable while it is here ! Perhaps if it lasts long enough we will see some serious rainwear . San Francisco is the best bet with public transportation commuting . Lots of high gloss rain boots though .