Clear Raincoats From Instagram

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
rainwear-experience

Re: Clear Raincoats From Instagram

Post by rainwear-experience »

There's some really nice pics there, thanks for sharing the links
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Thanks for that, very pleased to see someone else taking the time to search for 'our kind of thing', clear plastic being my favourite.

I used to search every 2-3 days but there is no point now as little that appeals to me is being posted. For some reason when you search for 'raincoat' 85-90% doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm fed up with pictures of children and dogs and companies in the far east who use sites like Instagram as free advertising. A great deal of images get re-cycled again and again and quality of many images, especially from phones, is very poor.

I'm looking forward to the Olympics later this year, I have no interest in the sports but they still wear a lot of plastic rainwear in Brazil so I hope it rains every day!

Phil.
AimsirBháisteach

Post by AimsirBháisteach »

Instagram can be somewhat unreliable, as all the filters people apply can make the images look funny, but I think it's worth wading through the irrelevant pictures to find the good ones. Iconosquare is a good search site for getting through large numbers of images at a glance quickly.

In another sense, raincoat pictures (on Instagram and elsewhere) are quite seasonal. It goes rather quiet from October to February, but it really picks up in spring. When spring raincoats are released, photos of raincoats in the shops and mirrors tend to follow. It picks up again during festival season for obvious reasons. It does seem to me that clear rainwear is here to stay, just maybe not as much outside of festivals!

I wouldn't have high hopes for good raincoat pictures from Brazil. There wasn't really much going at the World Cup two years ago, and it's most likely going to be cheap ponchos. Then again, maybe I will be surprised.