New Topshop Raincoat

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
AimsirBháisteach

New Topshop Raincoat

Post by AimsirBháisteach »

Just when it looked like they wouldn't be releasing any clear rainwear this year, Topshop comes up with this nice little product:

https://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/ ... quin%20mac

The sequins are a lovely touch!
rainwear-experience

Re: New Topshop Raincoat

Post by rainwear-experience »

It must be festival season coming up
merv

Post by merv »

ebay will be awash with those soon then
rainwear-experience

merv wrote:ebay will be awash with those soon then
Very true, no doubt at silly prices

The only place you wont probably see any is being worn on the High Street :(
AimsirBháisteach

Post by AimsirBháisteach »

The Topshop ones appear on Ebay quite often, but they're not overpriced. In fact, quite the opposite. Most sellers underestimate the market value of their raincoat (and I mean to normal consumers, not the fetish market). The high prices come from merchants, not women selling them second hand.

Festival season would be the main reason this raincoat has been released, though I think the sequins are to make it more generally fashionable outside of festivals (where raincoats are somewhat more necessary for young women). You might not see these raincoat often while out and about, but I have had a couple of friends who have owned a raincoat from Topshop. I think the reason they moved on was more down to the fickleness of women's fashion than anything else.
rainwear-experience

I agree that the majority of Topshop coats that appear on eBay are being sold by 'professional' sellers or merchants rather than individuals

I think you'll also find the reason they are 'cheap' is because they are 'seconds' or shop returns and as such are not the same quality as the items sold directly by the store - these listings are normally marked 'tags have been removed to prevent store returns, which in reality means the store has taken the tags out to indicate the item is a 'second'

Of course you will still find some 'chancers' who buy an item and list it on eBay at a vastly inflated price

The sequins are added to make the item stand out whether for the festival market or not

Considering the large stocks seen in stores the number of coats you'll see being worn in everyday life would seem to be very small