The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC2

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
Macklovin

The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC2

Post by Macklovin »

I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned last week's episode of The Great British Sewing Bee, with the Shiny PVC challenge !
The ladies were all given a varied selection of shiny PVC macs and they had to make something imaginative with them, either another style of mac or whatever they chose. Some of the creations were very sexy looking indeed...
Best of all... All the PVC macs they used were from PVC U Like ! A lot of their patent materials were present, looking fantastic.
The episode is currently available on BBC Iplayer and the best action starts about half way through the programme.
Some of the women are a little annoying with their silly comments, but it's a treat for us !
Claudia Winkelman definitely looked interested in the PVC. She would look amazing in a shiny plastic mac, especially with her sixties style, dress sense !

Also, this morning on the ITV breakfast programme, the weather girl was broadcasting from muddy Glastonbury, wearing a lovely shiny, transparent, hip length, hooded PVC mac ! She looked gorgeous !
Macklovin

Re: The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC2

Post by Macklovin »

Whoops ! Sorry - I just realised that last post should have gone in the discussion area...
Was writing it in a hurry.
hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

I watched the show & as you say some of the competitors comments re PVC were annoying, one who was around in the 60's saying " don't like, but husband does" - wonder if he is a member here?
Didn't realize all the macs were from PUJ - well done Gaz.
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
debs37

Post by debs37 »

Can we as a group not put in an official comment.

I know that may leave us all open to a bad press.

I've not see it but will look it up.

Debs x
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Macklovin wrote:
Also, this morning on the ITV breakfast programme, the weather girl was broadcasting from muddy Glastonbury, wearing a lovely shiny, transparent, hip length, hooded PVC mac ! She looked gorgeous !
http://www.itv.com/hub/good-morning-britain/2a3211a1786