La Redoute

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
niniqueciré

La Redoute

Post by niniqueciré »

site La Redoute
raincoat Isabelle Thomas
http://www.laredoute.fr/ppdp/prod-50099 ... 00080861FR
blackmacjay

Re: La Redoute

Post by blackmacjay »

Nice coat. Maybe a plan for my wife?
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Took a quick look. The La Redoute D/B shiny black mac is very attractive and of a classic design. Their website indicates 30% off over this Bank Holiday weekend in case anyone is interested. If only it buttoned both ways-but who am I kidding as I wouldn't have the nerve to wear one outdoors these days.

A trip to western Norway in July saw plenty of raincoats/sou'westers to savour, mainly made from the sort of "rubberised" outer shell favoured by Rains and Helly Hansen. A few of the women's coats were a decent length, and some were even flared and belted, but the men's versions promised more of the dreaded wet thighs.

Which reminded me of the old joke from long ago. "What do you get with Surprise Peas?" "Wet legs!"
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

At least WealdenMac shares one of my "Hell Knows".

Why manufacturers make such short garments is a mystery which can only promote the issues he mentioned.

I guess I'm old-fashioned and thank heavens for that.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Well - for a simple walk in the rain a long raincoat might indeed be optimal. But as sonn as you ride a bicycle, go sailing or work outside, a shorter jacket combined with trousers would be more appropriate.
But I must admit when it comes to shiny pvc clothing there are two types of garments that stand out in terms of elegance and sexyness: knee lenght vest dresses and classic doble breasted trench coats like the one from the la redoute webshop.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Well - for a simple walk in the rain a long raincoat might indeed be optimal. But as soon as you ride a bicycle, go sailing or work outside, a shorter jacket combined with raintrousers would be more appropriate.
But I must admit when it comes to shiny pvc clothing there are two types of garments that stand out in terms of elegance and sexyness: knee lenght vest dresses and classic doble breasted trench coats like the one from the la redoute webshop.
jodie

Post by jodie »

I bought one of these very smart trenchcoats from La Redoute in their largest size but sadly it was on the small side and had to send it back for a refund. A very smart coat well made but no larger sizes. I was very disappointed.I had been looking for something like this for a long time and even considered going to Paris to search the shops there. I may now have to consider made to measure.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

At long last we received the mackintosh pictured in the first entry to this post.

It is gorgeous and my wife loves it. There will be times when we will have to take out the button-in lining.

However, the garment is so shiny and we love it.