baby oil and a pvc rainsuit.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
debs37

baby oil and a pvc rainsuit.

Post by debs37 »

Hi Lovely People.
My Friend tipped me off on a wonderful way to enjoy ones rainwear in this heat, she said to cover my body in baby oil and then put on my rainsuit an sleep in it.

I experimented last night and it was wonderful I noticed that I did not sweat as much and the pvc did not stick to my body as its normally would.

Most Enjoyable.
Has anyone else tried this?

Debs xx
spitfire617

Re: baby oil and a pvc rainsuit.

Post by spitfire617 »

No not tried that but be careful that the Baby oil does not degrade/melt the pvc rainsuit as it does contain some petroleum products.
Kinky-In-Scotland

Post by Kinky-In-Scotland »

Thanks for putting that wonderful image in my mind Debs! I have to agree with Paul though, baby oil and PVC don't go well together, it feel's lovely at the time but eventually the PVC will go stiff and start to crack and split so be careful.
Wearer of Waterproofs & Waders - as often as possible!
Pvcdream

Post by Pvcdream »

Does this actually work sound lovely 😊
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

As said above the oil will definitely damage the PVC, slowly so you won't notice until the damage is done. Try a water-based 'personal lubricant' like Liquid Silk for day-to-day use. But baby oil is much more fun with a partner so buy a few really cheap (and I mean like £1-2 the pair) 'emergency' waterproof coat and overtrousers (eBay, AliExpress). In fact the plan had been to wash and reuse them but it was so much easier to throw them away than to clean them and as we only did it once in a while it wasn't a huge expense. If you're going to do it often buy something a bit stronger (a cheap PVC coverall would be good fun) that you won't mind getting damaged.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

sergiouk wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 8:15 am As said above the oil will definitely damage the PVC, slowly so you won't notice until the damage is done. Try a water-based 'personal lubricant' like Liquid Silk for day-to-day use. But baby oil is much more fun with a partner so buy a few really cheap (and I mean like £1-2 the pair) 'emergency' waterproof coat and overtrousers (eBay, AliExpress). In fact the plan had been to wash and reuse them but it was so much easier to throw them away than to clean them and as we only did it once in a while it wasn't a huge expense. If you're going to do it often buy something a bit stronger (a cheap PVC coverall would be good fun) that you won't mind getting damaged.
I agree with the above.
Maybe one of the yellow rain suits from Screwfix in the U.K? They are about £8 a time so not to bad.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/endurance-ra ... hest/15602
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Please be aware that sweat does also degrade plastics. I have ruined two nice shiny jackets and a very nice shiny trenchcoat by repeatedly soaking them with sweat. Although it was a little sad to see them getting destroyed slowly I enjoyed every minute in them.
I strongly suggest doing these things despite the damage.
Apart from that watching the slow deterioration of nice items can also be very rewarding .
We kill about a dozen pairs of nice Rukka and HH rainpants per year simply by abusing them as diaper covers ("plastic panties").

I could Imagine that the baby oil would also be nice under a tight fitting shiny catsuit.
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

Please be aware that sweat does also degrade plastics.
Tell me about it! :-) Unless I'm going through a phase of wearing something more exotic I wear plastic pants all the time, simply because I like the feel of them. I buy basic ones from Henleys, FuuBuu or Haian, and no matter how carefully I treat them, low temperature wash with pure soap and hang to dry, they're noticeably less soft after ten wears, becoming crinkly by twenty (I know some would see this as a benefit and it does add to the excitement and fear of discovery) but by thirty they're splitting and falling apart, so that's a minimum of twelve pairs but generally more like twenty to replace each year.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Isn't the fact that you are destroying them slowly while they give you comfort also a part of the excitement ?
We do even boil wash ours once in a while. As soon as they become ugly and brittle we shred them.
We also have two pairs of yellow HH Voss pants in small sizes that have been turned into perspiration pants. I will try the baby oil thing with these. I hope that I can get the remains of the oil out of the fabric backing or they will also have to go to the shredder.
sergiouk

Post by sergiouk »

Not in the slightest. It saddens me that the soft new 'second skin' feel only lasts for a few washes. That and the expense of replacing them so often.