Great storms last night

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
TStorm56

Great storms last night

Post by TStorm56 »

I had some great storms I got to enjoy last night here in the south-eastern USA. Numerous thunderstorms rolled through the region, including where I live. I was able to enjoy 3 massive thunderstorms in relatively short succession of one another (maybe 1 hour between each). Each brought extremely heavy and pelting rain with a little bit of wind added in. Some lightning and thunder but it wasn't directly over my house so there wasn't a big reason to worry about lightning strikes.

Because the rain came down so hard and with so much fury, I decided that I needed something heavy duty instead of the usual mix of yellow PVC rainwear I usually don. The rainsuit I wore during these storms was my black SBR rubber rainsuit, made by Canadian brand "put-it-on". Needless to say it was great to be walking around in my backyard, clad in rubber, impervious to the rain.

Does anyone else have stories like this to share?
Gordo

Re: Great storms last night

Post by Gordo »

Do you have any video's of this?

Plus did you get the rainsuit online? If so where abouts?
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

No videos unfortunately although I would like to make some of myself in the heavy rain!

I bought the rainsuit from this website - tenaquip.com

type "sbr vulcan" and you will see a list of products. They have individual listings for the sizes so you may need to click through a page or two. The same rainsuit in yellow is under "neo slick chemical".
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

"Heavy Pelting" Ah, the memories. Oh, now I've read it again properly.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

TStorm56 wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:24 am No videos unfortunately although I would like to make some of myself in the heavy rain!

I bought the rainsuit from this website - tenaquip.com

type "sbr vulcan" and you will see a list of products. They have individual listings for the sizes so you may need to click through a page or two. The same rainsuit in yellow is under "neo slick chemical".
Thanks. It's great to be wet in raingear!