Simon Avery - The Mudlarks

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
swish87

Simon Avery - The Mudlarks

Post by swish87 »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the amazing photographer and rainwear enthusiast Simon Avery is still active anywhere or does anyone have any of his photos collected somewhere?

I'd love to find some more photos from his group back in the day. I think they were called the 'Mudlarks'. There was once a copy of Rubberist magazine with a write up about them but I've only managed to find this one page:

https://imgur.com/jqZRLhz

Thanks!
Rainworshipper

Re: Simon Avery - The Mudlarks

Post by Rainworshipper »

Thanks for posting this. Interesting that there seem to be as many women as men in the photographs. Any idea how long ago these were taken? I had never heard of this guy Simon Avery before.
pvcdreams

Post by pvcdreams »

We are friends with him on FB - he's pretty active in groups like 'Messy Rainwear'

Happy New Year to you all !
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

I am not on Facebook but just had a look at the site. Why are these sites never administrated?, about half the images have nothing to do with 'messy rainwear' just someone on an ego trip who likes seeing pictures of themselves and put them up everywhere they can.

Phil
pvcdreams

Post by pvcdreams »

I'm not sure which site you are looking at, but the messy rainwear group where Simon posts does have some good pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/421258681280044/
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Yes, that is the site. Loads of 'selfies' in rainwear and other images taken from other sites but nothing messy about them so they should not be there!

Phil
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

Oooh I often used to model for Simon - in fact, he actually introduced me to the pleasures of getting muddy.
But I've not seen him for a couple of years now.

There are several photoshoots of me done by Simon, on my personal website.

Which is now almost working again!
The quality of the actual photos is now much better - but I still can't get the thumbnails to display correctly.

Janet xxxxxx
Nick and I love meeting other rainwear enthusiasts
swish87

Post by swish87 »

I agree Phil, most of the images posted there are not very relevant to the group. I did however find the other side of the article about 'The Mudlarks'. Sadly this has just encouraged me to hunt down more information on the group.

Thanks Janet! Would you be interested in telling us a bit more about how you were introduced to "the pleasures of getting muddy" (in rainwear)? How were you introduced? How was the subject broached? What was your experience like? What was it about you liked or disliked?

I've lost my login details for your site so I'll definitely create a new account once your site is up and running again!
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

swish87 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:58 pm I agree Phil, most of the images posted there are not very relevant to the group. I did however find the other side of the article about 'The Mudlarks'. Sadly this has just encouraged me to hunt down more information on the group.

Thanks Janet! Would you be interested in telling us a bit more about how you were introduced to "the pleasures of getting muddy" (in rainwear)? How were you introduced? How was the subject broached? What was your experience like? What was it about you liked or disliked?

I've lost my login details for your site so I'll definitely create a new account once your site is up and running again!
Well, a long time ago, my website (which was then actually a Yahoo group), was just lingerie and bikinis.

Then one December day, when I'd not posted any new photos for a while, I thought to go down by the river with a new micro bikini.
But the grass was wet, so I wore my wellies.

The day after we posted the photos, we got about 100 emails. We thought "oh, they all want more bikini photos".
But no - they all wanted more welly boots!

At the time, I only had one pair, and they leaked. At the moment, I have about 15 pairs on the go, in every style you can think of.

So after a bit of fun with welly boots and waders, both outdoors and in bed, someone suggested rainwear, and bought me my first transparent plastic mac.

Then, it was only a matter of time before I was encouraged to jump in a muddy puddle.
Just a modest puddle, to start with.

Then I was contacted by Simon, and for a couple of years we had a lot of fun together, getting muddy in everything from PVC micro-dresses to survival suits. He had all sorts of setups. One one occasion, he'd constructed a mud slide down a bank on the Severn estuary. I had to slide down the bank and land with an enormous splat right on top of him. All very good fun, I had no idea when it started how sexy it would be.

So it was just a gradual discovery for me, really.

Janet xxxxxx
Nick and I love meeting other rainwear enthusiasts