FARMERRAIN NEW RETRO 0.2 ATLAS GLOSSY

Share your feedback on rainwear that you have or other rainwear related items and services you have made use of.
GlendaS

FARMERRAIN NEW RETRO 0.2 ATLAS GLOSSY

Post by GlendaS »

We
have received our two new Farmerrain Retro 2.0 Atlas Glossy in both black and yellow they have just released and they are absolutely lovely so soft to touch and so shiny, plus slightly longer than previous macs mine is ankle length.
We wore them over the weekend and whilst it was not raining but cold and cloudy had some lovely comments, and cannot say enough about these lovely macs, to a point we are now ordering the rest of the colours in blue, red and white. Not cheap but you get what you pay for in life.
GlendaSx :D
niton

Re: FARMERRAIN NEW RETRO 0.2 ATLAS GLOSSY

Post by niton »

They have sent me a promotional email. Some of the colours didn't look that shiny in the images on the website but that can be misleading. Good to hear that you are happy with them and can testify to the fact that they are shiny!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

how different are they compared to the original retro coats?
GlendaS

Post by GlendaS »

Not a lot different but longer and slightly more supple but very shiny
Tiefdruckgebiet

Post by Tiefdruckgebiet »

Now I got my Retro 2.0 in shiny black fabric. First, it isn't as glossy as the old Atlas fabric from the first gen. Retro which was like lacquered material. If that isn't a prob the new Retro 2.0 is their best coat ever. The fabric is much softer than before, no comparison to the more or less stiff fabric they used for the last 1.0 coats before the change. So if you ever complained about that the new 2.0 should satisfy you.

I agree it seems it's a little bit longer (e.g. sleeves), good for tall guys like me. And they did an improvement in welding more seams. The older one had some weak zones like in the back shoulder part where some moisture came through some seams after heavy rain.

Wore my new coat (with belt mod of course 8-) :mrgreen: ) today for the first time and it felt great, much more comfy with the new softer fabric. If it were as glossy as the first 1.0 coats I'd say it is the ultimate Stutterheim Opal killer :lol:
timeless fashion is the best fashion - classic "rubberized" raincoats are timeless