Tonight's rain

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Vxr 15

Tonight's rain

Post by Vxr 15 »

So tonight from about 10 o'clock the forecast here in the south is for a night of rain which means I'll be putting on my rain gear and hopefully spending the night out in the rain, haven't decided yet on exactly what to wear but I'm looking forward to getting a right good soaking, will report back tomorrow on the night ahead.
Cagoulelover

Re: Tonight's rain

Post by Cagoulelover »

Sounds good Vxr! Looking forward to it - just about to venture out myself.
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Out last night with the mrs , both in our rubber hunter jackets and nylon waterproof trousers, complete with our hunter Wellies green and red shiny. A wonderful walk in the rain and fun afterwards
udoughnut

Post by udoughnut »

Anotherraincoat wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:59 pm Out last night with the mrs , both in our rubber hunter jackets and nylon waterproof trousers, complete with our hunter Wellies green and red shiny. A wonderful walk in the rain and fun afterwards

That sounds just the perfect set of matching rainwear outfits
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

So again last night was forecast for a long spell of rain some of which was too be heavy, after studying the forecast of several apps i decided the best time to go out in the rain was to be between 12 and 4 which is when it was to be at it's heaviest (Cos the heavier the rain the better), so I got partly dressed in the outfit i was going to wear and went to bed. I woke around 1.30 and it was raining nicely outside so I got fully dressed in the rest of the outfit i was going to wear and went out, it was not as heavy as I thought at first but after about half an hour it started to pep up and rain a bit heavy. I continued to walk around getting wetter by the minute and about an hour and a half later i was looking rather wet as the polyester raincoat i was wearing was looking rather soaked by now, i stayed out until around 4.30 when the rain started to ease. It was a great time out in the rain again and so bring on the next lot as it will soon be summer and less chance of rain to enjoy. Love rainy times.
pintrest830

Post by pintrest830 »

I never thought to set an alarm to wake me up in the event of a forecast that’s genius !
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

udoughnut wrote: February 18th, 2024, 4:19 pm
Anotherraincoat wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:59 pm Out last night with the mrs , both in our rubber hunter jackets and nylon waterproof trousers, complete with our hunter Wellies green and red shiny. A wonderful walk in the rain and fun afterwards

That sounds just the perfect set of matching rainwear outfits
Please keep these stories and ideas coming. I greatly enjoy reading about real life people enjoying rubber/pvc raincoats, pants, and wellies.