Helping me my sbr mackintosh in public

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
maxandwellies

Re: Helping me my sbr mackintosh in public

Post by maxandwellies »

Wear it with pride👍
cammacg

Post by cammacg »

I have just bought a black, satin, rubber lined trench coat. I live in the south west, in Exeter, and have to visit the city centre quite often. I wear my mack at every opportunity. It is the very best rubber lined garment I have ever had made for me, and nobody takes any notice of me at all. If they do, they have never been bold enough to speak to me. You only live once, and sometimes, not for very long, so go for it, and enjoy.
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

I bought a black SBR mackintosh years ago but I was too scared to go out it. Last year I decided to take the plunge and wear it in public. Since then I've worn it on many occasions and no one takes any notice. My advice is to wear it .
latexmac

Post by latexmac »

I would endorse what people have said here in that once you pluck up courage to go out in your SBR or any rubber rainwear, and believe me, it does take quite a bit of courage for your first visible daytime outing amongst others, you will come to the conclusion….”What was all that about”.
For me, the first time was nerve wracking, but once I realised that nobody really noticed you ( most people are in their own little bubble ) you begin to gain confidence and you try it again and again.
I have absolutely no hang ups walking out of my front door in an SBR, or latex mackintosh, being seen by neighbours and then doing the shopping in a busy supermarket. The only comments I’ve had have been positive…..that’s a nice mac, what is it made from, or that’s going to keep you dry etc.
My advice is try it, go out in your SBR and I think that you wiki be very pleasantly surprised. Bye the way, its such good fun too.
Cagoule

Post by Cagoule »

Whatever gear we are in to, we all overthink the reaction that we will get dressed out and about. Nobody that doesn't know about raingear fetishism will even consider the possibility of it. While our raingear radar is always on full alert, people without our fetish don't even notice..
furryhood

Post by furryhood »

We've just spent the last few days in north Devon/west Somerset around Minehead, battling the winds and storms, tough but lovely. We have rented a beautiful cottage just off the beach. Wrapped in our shiny vinyl hooded macs we have seriously enjoyed the weather, the people, magnificent scenery, and on several occasions, THE COMPLIMENTS ON OUR RAINCOATS!!! We come here every year. Totally love this place. Ok. We are in our sixties. But nobody cares what you wear, what you look like. Dont be so self concious. I genuinely think that even if people ARE aware of what you are wearing, they are quietly envious, not critical, and if they are critical....... F**k them! We are the happy ones! Late sixties, very happy and content. Dont be shy. Indulge and be happy. Another glass of wine please......Xx
Izzitpvc

Post by Izzitpvc »

I have been following this thread with great interest, good practical advice all round. I have always wanted to purchase this type of garment, however apart from overcoming the nerves of venturing out, there is a more practical issue for me, the overall length of these coats? being 5ft 8" tall,many of the off the shelf coats would be way to long for me. such a shame!!
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

spitfire188 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:57 pm Hello everyone so I would love to wear my sbr mackintosh in public in the shops or while I go for a nice but I feel to nervous to do so
Has anyone got any advice that help me out?
Have you managed to get out in your mac yet?