Downpour in London today

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasticpacamac

Downpour in London today

Post by plasticpacamac »

At last, a really torrential downpour in London today, justifying my wearing some really effective rainwear; my long, almost ankle-length shiny navy blue hooded Jeantex PVC raincoat, bought some 12 years ago, for my trip to a chiropodist appointment involving a walk to the local bus stop and two local bus journeys to my destination. I wore my mackintosh, hood up, all 6 of its press studs fully fastened to the throat throughout, except when removing it for my treatment. I was almost disappointed that no one on my walk from home to the bus stop, in the bus queue or on the crowded bus, nor in the coffee bar I stopped off in, nor the chiropodist who saw me fully macked-up on arrival made any comment or even seemed to notice my mackintosh which only goes to prove there is no reason whatever to feel self-conscious when in appropriate rainwear. I loved the way my mackintosh shrugged off the rain, whereas those all around me were soaked in their inadequate "showerproofs".
pvcluver

Re: Downpour in London today

Post by pvcluver »

I too love to wear one of my longer pvc or plastic macs on a trip into Birmingham centre when it's raining and yes it does so feel so good to be totally dry underneath
Sarah pvc

Post by Sarah pvc »

plasticpacamac wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 3:22 pm At last, a really torrential downpour in London today, justifying my wearing some really effective rainwear; my long, almost ankle-length shiny navy blue hooded Jeantex PVC raincoat, bought some 12 years ago, for my trip to a chiropodist appointment involving a walk to the local bus stop and two local bus journeys to my destination. I wore my mackintosh, hood up, all 6 of its press studs fully fastened to the throat throughout, except when removing it for my treatment. I was almost disappointed that no one on my walk from home to the bus stop, in the bus queue or on the crowded bus, nor in the coffee bar I stopped off in, nor the chiropodist who saw me fully macked-up on arrival made any comment or even seemed to notice my mackintosh which only goes to prove there is no reason whatever to feel self-conscious when in appropriate rainwear. I loved the way my mackintosh shrugged off the rain, whereas those all around me were soaked in their inadequate "showerproofs".
Indeed,
I frequently wear out femme pvc trench coats of various colours, styles, I rarely get a second glance, it’s all in the mind.
But If I want to get looked at I’ll pair it with heels lol
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

More lovely rain again today .
Will be in my waterproof trousers and nylon mac .hoods up .
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Had a great weekend walking around the London parks fully dressed in waterproofs and rain poncho.
Gmcq994

Post by Gmcq994 »

Likewise, had a great walk in the Whitechapel cemetery park in my tall wellies slapping against my bare thighs and stepping in the mud and puddles!
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

Gmcq994 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 9:37 am Likewise, had a great walk in the Whitechapel cemetery park in my tall wellies slapping against my bare thighs and stepping in the mud and puddles!
Those must be extremely tall wellies! Sound more like waders to me.

Cherie x