Rainwear Dislikes

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
JellyMan

Re: Rainwear Dislikes

Post by JellyMan »

SanneRWP wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 5:17 am Agree with you there.
Pictures get so much more interesting if there is kind of a story behind it. Not just someone wearing a brand-new rainsuit in a photo studio with the perfect light and still the folds in the material visible as it was unpacked only minutes ago. But there should be some imperfections, some dirt on the suit from it being used, and not a serious "modelling" look but preferably a big smile or not paying any attention to the camera at all.
I thought I was the only one that noticed these things. A raincoat that is properly used, a scar or mole under clear plastic, some cellulite, a facial expression that says they are properly enjoying what they are doing, and not just pandering to the camera. Whenever I watch a video I always look for evidence of amateur settings. Only yesterday I was looking for shiny leggings and came across a shop selling plus size clothing, including a range of shiny PVC leggings. The model was on the curvy side very pretty and wearing makeup, BUT, although the photos were all very professional, they are clearly set in someone’s kitchen. Unfortunately I cannot find the site today.

JM
freakylover63

Post by freakylover63 »

i dislike nylon and goretex rainwear. real rainwear is only PU or PVC
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

I am the opposite. I like models in rainwear and I am turned off if I see women who do not take care of their appearance or think it is ok to be on camera less than perfect. I think it is because I want to be a sophisticated woman dressed in PVC myself.

Cherie x
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Goretex and other technical rainwear to a certain point although I prefer this to people not dressing for the rain at all, which happens all too often.
Obviously I miss the days of when pvc and rubber rainwear were more common.

Snow instead of rain, rain at night or when I’m working. These things seems to happen all too often.

This forums higher focus on raincoats as oppose to rain suits. I think that this is due to the British influence. Scandinavia seems to have a more of a full rainwear culture, as shown by sites like Farmerrain.

Dry indoors not wet outside photos. I find wet rainwear more sexy. Also while I usually like hoods up occasionally I like the look of hoods down and wet hair.

Gas masks do nothing for me but I can see why there are those who use them to cover there face.
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Dont like seeing rainwear for sale on ebay which is grubby, dirty, delaminating and at vastly overpriced as it is apparently ‘vintage’ so must be worth lots!
Lets get swishy!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

i don't like it when rainwear is mislabeled as rubber when it clearly isn't.
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

The things I dislike about rainwear.

People who smoke in them. Really hate this and the habit.

Also cagoules and raincoats with the hood concealed in the neck hem. So so wrong.
A hood should always be out and dropped down so you can pull straight up over your head. Or in some cases over your face. Lol.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

discoruss wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:14 am The things I dislike about rainwear.

People who smoke in them. Really hate this and the habit.

Also cagoules and raincoats with the hood concealed in the neck hem. So so wrong.
A hood should always be out and dropped down so you can pull straight up over your head. Or in some cases over your face. Lol.
Oh yes definitely agree on this .alway wear my cagoule with the hood up or hanging out .
And most times when wearing it in house the hood is going over my face .
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Should be banned! Lol 😂 totally agree, hoods out always
Lets get swishy!
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

rainwearseeker wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:41 pm i don't like it when rainwear is mislabeled as rubber when it clearly isn't.
I totally agree Rainwearseeker there is nothing worse than having to try to guess what something really is made of when it is obviously not what they say. I also dislike fabrics that don’t feel like they look like shiny jackets that looked like nylon but turned out to be shiny cotton.

Cherie x