Rainwear Dislikes

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cagoulelover

Re: Rainwear Dislikes

Post by Cagoulelover »

Slightly different theme but my dislike is when women don’t put their hoods up properly - an example would be on Amazon for example where a model will be in a quick video for a particular piece of rainwear and when they put the hood up it only half covers the head. I want to see the hood up, fully over the head and, preferably tied up tight
Pvcdream

Post by Pvcdream »

Cagoulelover wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:26 pm Slightly different theme but my dislike is when women don’t put their hoods up properly - an example would be on Amazon for example where a model will be in a quick video for a particular piece of rainwear and when they put the hood up it only half covers the head. I want to see the hood up, fully over the head and, preferably tied up tight
Yes or when they put hood up but then leave hair out the front. Pointless
Sbr.and.vinyl

Post by Sbr.and.vinyl »

As far as I am concerned, a raincoat should be long, shiny and hooded, in fact it should be compulsory that when it rains it is illegal not to have your hood up. I really dislike anything that looks dull and cotton/polyester like. Always reminds me of my grandparents rainwear, drab, collared, belted and boring!
bjhaus

Post by bjhaus »

Well I am going to bang a big dead fish onto the table: I can't stand hoods, they make your head look oversized, and on one other page I used to contribute to somebody said they look like you're about to have a rope put round your neck. The more they cover your face the more homogenised you look, and if you want a practical argument against them, the further forward you wear them the more peripheral vision you lose. They can also be hot and heavy, otherwise too light so they blow off by the wind too easily. These are some of the things I remember reading from women who would prefer an accordion hood or 'rain mate' if they couldn't use an umbrella for whatever reason, and presumably are now the reasons why the rain bonnet threatens to make a comeback.
But my pet peeve has to be those el-cheapo plastic ponchos they sell at outdoor entertainment venues, that look stupid, cost a fortune for one use, and completely fail in their purpose of keeping you dry, succeeding only in making you look like an oversized ham roll as I read on one Facebook site.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

bjhaus wrote: December 30th, 2022, 2:53 am Well I am going to bang a big dead fish onto the table: I can't stand hoods, they make your head look oversized, and on one other page I used to contribute to somebody said they look like you're about to have a rope put round your neck. The more they cover your face the more homogenised you look, and if you want a practical argument against them, the further forward you wear them the more peripheral vision you lose. They can also be hot and heavy, otherwise too light so they blow off by the wind too easily. These are some of the things I remember reading from women who would prefer an accordion hood or 'rain mate' if they couldn't use an umbrella for whatever reason, and presumably are now the reasons why the rain bonnet threatens to make a comeback.
But my pet peeve has to be those el-cheapo plastic ponchos they sell at outdoor entertainment venues, that look stupid, cost a fortune for one use, and completely fail in their purpose of keeping you dry, succeeding only in making you look like an oversized ham roll as I read on one Facebook site.
Not necessarily, there are plenty of us who are not keen on hoods. I prefer to see the whole face and hate gas masks or anything that covers the face entirely, although I know that loads of people find such things very arousing. I have tried breath play with a hood, and enjoyed it, but that is on me, not someone else. I also don’t like staged photos/videos with beautiful thin girls pretending to like rainwear when in fact they are just models going it for money. I prefer amateur, imperfect people of realistic build, doing what looks like THEY enjoy as much as I like watching. That’s not to say that I don’t like some of the staged images and videos, but prefer natural. So, when you find an image of a girl who is clearly taking a selfie with a mobile, viewed in the mirror, that is such a turn on knowing there is no man there behind a camera directing; just he pr deciding on her own to share.

JM
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

when a material you like is not the design you are looking for. i have a reversible I.I.I raincoat with a nice semi shiny pvc and a somewhat semi smooth matte finish but it is short, the hood is not box shaped (especially not duck billed which is my favorite design) and it does not have a belt, storm flap, zipper or adjustable cuffs.
bjhaus

Post by bjhaus »

Absolutely agree re gasmasks, also bondage, and submission/domination, none of which are actually rainwear - when I see any of them being spruiked on sites like this I am reminded of the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

bjhaus wrote: December 31st, 2022, 8:59 am …I am reminded of the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.
I presume by that you mean thar members follow what other members do because they think It is right, not necessarily what they actually want? I wouldn’t agree with that - I think people tend to speak their minds as to their likes and dislikes. For me - nothing wrong with a bit of bondage or dom/sub, but do agree that these are more BDSM than rainwear. But I do love the diversity of desires from everyone, what a boring world it would be if everyone wore black PVC macks all the time - hang on, did I just write that!!!

JM
Mrwhitefish

Post by Mrwhitefish »

I'm not a fan of latex iv had a couple pairs pants didn't like them one bit .
One pair of blue pants was given away too a friend that loves them wears them regularly. .
The other black pair latex pants i had i couldn't stand to wear just didn't like the feel the way they wore was very uncomfortable in my opinion to wear looked pretty and nice shinny but yeah yuk .
I hated them too the point i didn't care anymore and busted my fingers through the pants while wearing them and ripped them to pieces off my body and be done with it and thrown in the bin immediately.
And as for that Eva stuff goes I'm not a fan of that either as far as im concerned that eva stuff is rubbish junk yuk 🤢🤮 from previous purchases and experience it's just junk wouldn't even waste the time or energy ripping it apart that would be chucked straight in the fire to burn and couldn't care less about it stand back and watch it melt and burn that's how much i like that Eva stuff .
100% pure vinyl or pure plastic for me only 🤷 .
Nothing feels better then some pure plastic nice thick shiny supple royal blue plastics only my opinion but each too thier own but
SanneRWP

Post by SanneRWP »

-
Last edited by SanneRWP on July 10th, 2023, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.