Stutterheim Opinions

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
LeoNRainwear

Stutterheim Opinions

Post by LeoNRainwear »

Hello there!

I am saving some (considerable) amount of money to buy a Stutterheim opal trench coat. The comments I’ve read, in their website, so far seemed positive; however, I’d like to hear the opinions of people that may surely have more knowledge in that matter as I’m kinda new to the “rainwear world” and I want to assure that I will make a good investment. Besides I’m a man so I’m unsure whether it can fit a masculine body and be able to casually wear it.

Thanks all!

https://stutterheim.com/summer-sale/wom ... -opal-aloe
LeoNRainwear

Re: Stutterheim Opinions

Post by LeoNRainwear »

I forgot to say that I’m almost new to this site! So feel free to pm me, no scams or sexting tho.
raincoat_robot

Post by raincoat_robot »

I love the Stutterheim brand and traditional style. I have a regular Stockholm in blue. I don't wear it much to the point where I'm going to put it on Vinted. It's quite thick and heavy so not massively comfortable to wear casually. I would go with one of their lightweight versions next time. But that's just my experience.
arcticrain18

Post by arcticrain18 »

I have a lot of raincoats from Stutterheim and really like them. Especially the opal. My experience with sizing is that they run tight. I usually wear a men's medium and find the unisex large fits quite well. You may have to go up a size or two if looking at the women's line.

Welcome to the community!
Shinypvc100

Post by Shinypvc100 »

I bought my opal black Stutterheim 5 years ago the best ever coat you can go out in and the one that causes interest from those that like shiny clothing, I bought another one last year and unfortunately although still absolutely gorgeous to wear is made of thinner materials, still fabulous feeling but definitely worth every penny
LeoNRainwear

Post by LeoNRainwear »

Thank y’all for your replies! I guess I’ll give Stutterheim a chance.
mason

Post by mason »

I bought a shiny black Stutterheim Opal raincoat in a XL size and it fits me perfectly. It's super waterproof and I actually do wear it everywhere, even to the local shops. It goes without saying how much I love wearing it.

Wait until one of their sales, then buy it.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Being a huge fan of wideleg -trousers and -jeans I like their wideleg raintrousers a lot.
They look like normal elegant widleg trousers and people only notice when they are close enough to see the smooth surface or hear the rustling.
black_shiny

Post by black_shiny »

I have the Stockholm raincoat in opal. I love it. Good quality and what a real raincoat should be.
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

I bought a, lighter weight, PU mac from Stutterheim 3 or so years ago. It's a great raincoat
Another option, have you looked at Tretorn? I bought one of the PU raincoats, thigh length, in December last year with a 50% discount