Curious question

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Gerlid

Curious question

Post by Gerlid »

Hi! Since I’m new here, I have some thoughts and questions about our common interest, raingear of different materials and shapes.
So far I have noticed it’s a lot of Mac:s on the site. Here is a big differens between Scandinavia and GB. We see Mac:s in cities but most of all, we use jackets and pants.
It looks like it’s more PVC in GB and more nylon and polyester here in Scandinavia.
I havn’t been able to read so much yet so I have to ask: Is this a correct observation?

And then a curious question: Are there many female membrers here?

I havn’t met any woman with a fetish for raingear. An ex girlfriend used her thin nylon raingear almost every day but I don’t think it was a fetish. My wife only use her raingear when absolutely needed. She use nylon down jackets because she likes them and knows that I like those shiny and soft jackets.

A finally thought: I really miss those shiny, thin nylon rainwear that was so common many years ago. Almost everyone had them here, but they where not so very waterproof. So they dissapeard pretty soon from the market. I have found some on second hand market and enyoy them when I’m home alone. I just wonder:

Anyone more who enyoy thin nylon raingear here?
Nylon macs

Re: Curious question

Post by Nylon macs »

Yep 👍👍
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

In the UK there is a big following for PVC and rainwear based on what used to be available here from the 60’s through to the 80’s. But most rainwear since the 90’s has moved to more modern fabrics like polyester and shiny plastics are used rarely. We fans of the old materials are living in the past on memories and feelings but most are aware that it is a dwindling market. I suspect that people bought up on modern materials might develop a fetish for those; it’s whatever you are exposed to when you are developing your view of the world.

Yes there are a few women on here but they don’t post very often and usually because as soon as their secret is out they get hounded by male members. I am a cross-dresser (CD man who liked pro dress as a woman) and I get private messages from male members treating me like a woman and some of the things are not very nice, so it must be worse for real girls to admit to being members.

Cherie x
shinydoug

Post by shinydoug »

I love thin nylon and have a huge collection. love chatting to others that share my fetish :)
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

I was made to wear those thin nylon raincoats by my then boss in the 1970s as part of a practical outfit for travelling in. He insisted for these trips every economy had to be made as we were charitably funded. So I wore nylon briefs, nylon shirts, nylon socks all of which could be hand-washed and drip-dried overnight. A cheap polyester suit from C&A, and a nylon pacamac when it rained. I stiil often wear a nylon pacamac though they are totally dated but as I'm an old man now, I'm not expected to be fashionable.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

This is something I noticed with Britain as well. With more Macs usually being mention as oppose to rainwear sets in Scandinavia. I think that maybe it's because in Scandinavia there's a larger culture of getting out into nature and Macs aren't as practical for this.

For myself I'm a Canadian so I'm less exposed to British culture. Plus I'm also much more into rainwear which consists of jacket and pants, hence I also identify more with Scandinavian rainwear. For example when I was a child I had a few PVC raincoats but I wish that I had rain pants to go with these, similar to the snow suits I had.
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

shinydoug wrote: August 21st, 2023, 6:59 pm I love thin nylon and have a huge collection. love chatting to others that share my fetish :)
Me too .love nylon rainwear ect and playing in it
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

Nylon macs wrote: October 28th, 2023, 6:19 pm
shinydoug wrote: August 21st, 2023, 6:59 pm I love thin nylon and have a huge collection. love chatting to others that share my fetish :)
Me too .love nylon rainwear ect and playing in it
And me 🤩
Nylonmacs4me

Post by Nylonmacs4me »

plasticpacamac wrote: August 21st, 2023, 10:43 pm I was made to wear those thin nylon raincoats by my then boss in the 1970s as part of a practical outfit for travelling in. He insisted for these trips every economy had to be made as we were charitably funded. So I wore nylon briefs, nylon shirts, nylon socks all of which could be hand-washed and drip-dried overnight. A cheap polyester suit from C&A, and a nylon pacamac when it rained. I stiil often wear a nylon pacamac though they are totally dated but as I'm an old man now, I'm not expected to be fashionable.
Did your boss dress the same as you ?
What colour Pakamac did you have, do you remember?
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

She do indulge with my fetish as she also loves being tied up and was already into bondage. All I had to do was intrudes her to the mac's and waterproofs.
She had no problem with this and do dressed up in mac's and things too . I've always had no problem with my fetish with my girlfriends as always told theme about it before it got to series into the relationship.
Love all colours but my main colour is navy blue