Recent Purchase, 'Rubber Mac'

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
paula_gee

Recent Purchase, 'Rubber Mac'

Post by paula_gee »

I recently mentioned on another Topic, that i have been wearing a Rubber Mac, in public, without any issue, so for those that asked, and others, here is a link :-

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/pro ... lourSwatch

Slightly different to one i purchased last year, again from Sainsburys.

As i have said, worn without any issues, in Male mode (mostly :) )

Be interested in any thoughts, thanks

Paula xxx
Andyf08

Re: Recent Purchase, 'Rubber Mac'

Post by Andyf08 »

Very nice.
Virginial

Post by Virginial »

Hey Paula - not quite the type of rubber mac we're used to!!
Sbr.and.vinyl

Post by Sbr.and.vinyl »

I've been wearing TU macs from Sainsbury's for years! I bought several of their shiny dark blue hooded macs, three quarter length. Ladies fastening. Nobody bats an eyelid. They are very shiny and crinkly. I love them! Except for adding a drawstring on the bottom hem, they make a very acceptable, shiny hooded kagoul I think!
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Not much rubber about that mac to be honest I don't know how they get away with describing it as such. From the advert itself :
'Material
Shell Coating: 100% Polyurethane; Back: 100% Polyester; Body & Hood Lining: 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton; Lining: 100% Polyester, Exclusive of Trims'
Rubbermaclover

Post by Rubbermaclover »

Hi paula the coat looks fine but unfortunatly should not be described as a rubber raincoat due to there being no rubber in its manufacture!!! It is so frustrating that this trend is commonplace now with many retailers . I have worn my own proper rubber mackintosh in public many times with no problems .i think that people seem to be in such a hurry nowadays that they don't even notice ! I would love someone to show an interest as the conversation could get interesting !
paula_gee

Post by paula_gee »

Rubbermaclover wrote: September 21st, 2023, 4:28 pm Hi paula the coat looks fine but unfortunatly should not be described as a rubber raincoat due to there being no rubber in its manufacture!!! It is so frustrating that this trend is commonplace now with many retailers . I have worn my own proper rubber mackintosh in public many times with no problems .i think that people seem to be in such a hurry nowadays that they don't even notice ! I would love someone to show an interest as the conversation could get interesting !
Evening Rubbermaclover,

You are right of course, as is Rubber Dee, and i thank you for pointing this out, in my naivety.

I am very much into PVC and Plastic attire, many of my plastic macs come from the 70's and early E80's , and as the years have gone by, my collection has been added too with a number of shiny PVC Macs and Trenchcoats.
However, i was fortunate, pre-Covid, to have a meet where Rubber was the main interest, and as such was my introduction to such.

Indeed the Mac i refer too in my original post, is not of the same material, to many it would not even come close, but for me, the material to the feel is something i like, and so have enjoyed wearing it on many occasions, even when no rain is forecast.

As you rightly point out, they are commonplace and indeed many people are in too much of a hurry to notice.

I will continue to enjoy

Paula xxx
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

Rubbermaclover wrote: September 21st, 2023, 4:28 pm Hi paula the coat looks fine but unfortunatly should not be described as a rubber raincoat due to there being no rubber in its manufacture!!! It is so frustrating that this trend is commonplace now with many retailers . I have worn my own proper rubber mackintosh in public many times with no problems .i think that people seem to be in such a hurry nowadays that they don't even notice ! I would love someone to show an interest as the conversation could get interesting !
I would definitely say hello and chat with you !
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Nice to wear inside out feels lovely then