Temu gents raincoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
hotwilly

Re: Temu gents raincoat

Post by hotwilly »

@ Annabel-cagoule.
Thanks, I had read and heard similar
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
mason

Post by mason »

I have never bought anything from these Temu scum and I have no plans to do so either. I did check out their rainwear and 99% of it is cheap plastic crap.

They are also notorious for knocking off young designer's fashions too.

Stay away from them. Don't give them any of your money.
Cherie

Post by Cherie »

mason wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 5:47 am I have never bought anything from these Temu scum and I have no plans to do so either. I did check out their rainwear and 99% of it is cheap plastic crap.

They are also notorious for knocking off young designer's fashions too.

Stay away from them. Don't give them any of your money.
Thanks for the warning. I’d seen the site pop up on searches, but assumed it was all terrible quality or ripped off for their prices. Also the reviews look fake and I would worry about the chemicals in the materials next to bare skin if buying PVC items. I shall definitely steer clear.

Cherie x
Pvcmacguy

Post by Pvcmacguy »

Waterproofs

Post by Waterproofs »

That suit Always has looked great but never trust temu
mason

Post by mason »

Waterproofs wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 9:15 pm That suit Always has looked great but never trust temu
Light In the Box are also liars, cheats & rip-off merchants too. Don't deal with them either.
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

I have bought several items from Temu. The first was a very long very rustly black hooded raincoat that I have worn locally to the shops in a downpour and worked well enough, though the very loud rustle it emitted would not suit the self-conscious wearer!. The second, described as a fishing or cycling suit was available in several colours of which I chose the brown as I thought it might do for muddy work in the garden. However anyone accessing the pictures online of this suit might have second thoughts about wearing it in public as I have!
Last edited by plasticpacamac on March 24th, 2024, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mason

Post by mason »

ShinyRain wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:03 am I bought a gents raincoat from temu and it was a complete waste of money. It arrived in a week and a half but was of cheap material and it didn't give that extra feeling like when you get a raincoat from PUL. Yes it is a Chinese Amazon and it is good for certain things but it definitely isn't for rainwear to wear out or around your home!
Sorry to hear this.

Like I said, Temu are charlatans, frauds and cheats. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. PERIOD
plasticpacamac

Post by plasticpacamac »

Post deleted
Last edited by plasticpacamac on March 24th, 2024, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

As Mason said, these guys do not give a f**k about copyright or ripping genuine companies off, there is no recourse, they make it impossible to challenge them. The garments are sub standard, using slave labour with no regard to safety. So when you buy from Temu it is yet another nail in the coffin of PUL. When we shut the doors because we can no longer make the figures stack everyone will be left at the mercy of these Chinese rip off merchants and they will crank the prices up. Just remember, when PUL has gone, all the machinary, skills, lovely soft PVC materials and hard work will never be repeated, that will be it finito. Think hard before you buy!