Walk at the coast

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainfash

Walk at the coast

Post by rainfash »

It was drizzling today, I put on my shiny blue rubber boots and my shiny blue / yellow rain jacket from PUL (Type SU40 in BLS4) and had a walk at the beach with my two (tall) dogs (Irish Wolfhound).
So many ladies complimented to my outfit, and said that I am properly dressed for a walk with my dogs, who played in the water.
A few of them smiled, as I had my sunglasses on 😄
Anyway, at the coast, nobody cares about, if you are male or female, when you are dressed properly, and wear a shiny blue / yellow outfit. You even get compliments.
The last time I wore my long shiny-on-both-sides long black raincoat (RA68), and some people even commented that I am not wearing the right colour, as on the coast, many people wear yellow and blue.
Interesting experiences…what about yours ?
udoughnut

Re: Walk at the coast

Post by udoughnut »

What coast was this?

I was in Dorset yesterday and despite no rain there was plenty of peoplemin wellies around Durdle Door
staggy

Post by staggy »

BLS4 is the best material for raingear, I have 8 macs and 6 pairs of trousers in that material as well as about 22 of the original yellow/blue reversible raincoats
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

What great sites (this one and also PUL) where folks can list the fabric code and the code of the particular PVC item and have admirers of PUL fully understand and appreciate the details of the PVC color and item selection.
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Had a bit of a walk along the shore line this afternoon, got one of my old nylon raincoats out and had a good walk for about an hour and a half but by then it was completely soaked through and turning a bit opaque but was nice to wear it after such a long time. There's plenty more rain this week be it on and off but still a few chances to get out there and get wet.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

In the U.K. it is still a bit cold at the moment, I've been out for a walk around the block in the rain this morning but the cold puts the mockers on the enjoyment.
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Rainworshipper wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:25 am In the U.K. it is still a bit cold at the moment, I've been out for a walk around the block in the rain this morning but the cold puts the mockers on the enjoyment.
I've also been out this morning in a new raincoat that I just brought, it said it was waterproof and for the most part it was but it still soaked through a little bit, the time out in the rain was still good never the less.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Vxr 15 wrote: March 27th, 2024, 11:50 am
Rainworshipper wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:25 am In the U.K. it is still a bit cold at the moment, I've been out for a walk around the block in the rain this morning but the cold puts the mockers on the enjoyment.
I've also been out this morning in a new raincoat that I just brought, it said it was waterproof and for the most part it was but it still soaked through a little bit, the time out in the rain was still good never the less.
If it rains heavily and you are out in it for long enough the rain will tend to find it's way in a bit. Having said that if I get wet it is still enjoyable, I am just waiting for the temperature to rise a few degrees.
Vxr 15

Post by Vxr 15 »

Yes I sometimes dress to go out in the rain with the thought that if I am out for hours at a time then I don't care if I get wet under the raincoat that I am wearing in fact the wetter the better. Towards the end of a few hours out in the rain i start looking for the maximum ways to get the wetter and normally a leaky gutter or things like that help, what is your favourite outfit to wear in the rain.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

Vxr 15 wrote: March 28th, 2024, 8:06 am Yes I sometimes dress to go out in the rain with the thought that if I am out for hours at a time then I don't care if I get wet under the raincoat that I am wearing in fact the wetter the better. Towards the end of a few hours out in the rain i start looking for the maximum ways to get the wetter and normally a leaky gutter or things like that help, what is your favourite outfit to wear in the rain.
I've sent you a p.m.