New Members

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rainworshipper

New Members

Post by Rainworshipper »

Looking through the list of members on here I have noticed something: there are a lot of people who have joined in recent years who have made only one comment or post or in many cases made no comments at all. This is a plea to new members on here don't be afraid to make posts or comments, you are among like-minded folk on here. When I first joined this forum I was a bit shy at first.
Tradmack

Re: New Members

Post by Tradmack »

Sing this to the tune of "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep"..
Where's your mackintosh, where's your rubber mack, far far away.
Last night I saw my Mamma wearing her mack, owee, Rubber Rubber Mack Mack. Woke up this morning and my Mamma was gone. owee Rubber Rubber Mack Mack.
Repeat as many times as necessary.
Pvcjayne

Post by Pvcjayne »

I'm a relatively new member, about 18 months. I joined to try to contact someone who put a post on Facebook regarding Susie boult of Plastique unique and said they could be contacted through this site, despite messaging I've never received a reply. I must admit my interest is more pvc and fetishwear rather than specifically rainwear but I am always happy to chat with nice people about most things when I have time.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Hi I heard from the grape vine Suzie moved over to Spain when she closed down her pvc website. Mind you that was some time ago now.
I do miss her lovely pictures of her modelling raincoats and rainbonnets.
Rubbelect

Post by Rubbelect »

Please be considerate to new members we are all on a journey and some are further down the road. We might need to take our time and work towards full connection.
Pvcjayne

Post by Pvcjayne »

scotty wrote: April 12th, 2024, 3:33 pm Hi I heard from the grape vine Suzie moved over to Spain when she closed down her pvc website. Mind you that was some time ago now.
You are correct. I met her quite by chance quite a few years ago while delivering to one of my customers. She came in fully dressed in pvc and was quite a site, we used to run a wholesale bakery and everyone likes talking about cakes and we got chatting and although I didn't know who she was then we did keep in touch for a while.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Pvcjayne wrote: April 19th, 2024, 8:02 am
scotty wrote: April 12th, 2024, 3:33 pm Hi I heard from the grape vine Suzie moved over to Spain when she closed down her pvc website. Mind you that was some time ago now.
You are correct. I met her quite by chance quite a few years ago while delivering to one of my customers. She came in fully dressed in pvc and was quite a site, we used to run a wholesale bakery and everyone likes talking about cakes and we got chatting and although I didn't know who she was then we did keep in touch for a while.
My best "chance encounter" was coming across, and making the acquaintance of, Helen Henley in the cheese department of the old Civil Service store in the Strand. Let's just say that, to someone in the know, she wasn't that difficult to spot.