Early PUL?

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
plasphil

Early PUL?

Post by plasphil »

As my previous post of early pics (and question about the mystery man) from PVC-U-LIKE did net get a response, I thought I'd give it another go!

The last shot has always been one of my favourites, for me there's always something sexy about a woman wearing a 'man's colour' plastic mac.

Phil.

pvculike

Re: Early PUL?

Post by pvculike »

Hi Phil

Yes, very old PUL shots taken circa 1996!

The girl with the curly hair was my secretary at the time and the brunette is my sister!

Happy days!

Gaz
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

Were these taken at the workshop you had around the back of a Farm? I recall visiting and buying three lovely macs from your 'seconds' rail. I could see nothing wrong with them, but the prices were too good to miss. I also remember the delicious odour of all that lovely plastic.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

I love retro pvc pics.

Gaz, you must have owed your sister and secretary a few favours for doing the shoot.

Must pop up to the new Brackley office sometime soon.

Pete
pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Priscilla wrote:Were these taken at the workshop you had around the back of a Farm? I recall visiting and buying three lovely macs from your 'seconds' rail. I could see nothing wrong with them, but the prices were too good to miss. I also remember the delicious odour of all that lovely plastic.
All these shots were taken up in London.

At the time Keith Barker (Keital) AKA Fetish Eyes helped me with photography. The shots against the shop background were taken in Regulation in Islington and the remainder in a studio in North London.

My first "unit" was on the farm, it was only 500sq ft and I used to open up on a Saturday morning and let people buy off the rail. In those days the plastic had a much stronger smell than these modern batches we get now.

We have a studio at our new Brackley premises and we have four massive rails full of seconds and ex photoshoot clothing albeit it mostly small and medium. If you want to come up and visit just give us a call and you can have a look, feel and smell and maybe spend some money!

Gaz
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

Gaz,

I was also a friend of Keith, still am I guess, and bought some of your products from around that time, some of which I commissioned Keith to photograph on a model called 'Jo'. I'll put a couple of shots on here in a couple of days.

Phil.

So, is this mystery man you??

pvculike

Post by pvculike »

Phil

I'm surprised you didn't recognise the eyes!

Yes it was me! I have finally been outed!

It was a very enjoyable shoot though!

These shots were taken in my garage, the girl on top of me was a friend of my sister, she was very helpful!

Gaz
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

Gaz,

Looks like you owed her lots of favours then for modelling. Was she a model anyway?

Was she ever into pvc or just helping out her (big/little) bro?

Pete
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

There's the new range name 'Lowther & Lowther' or Miss Lowther or even Ms Lowther

It's interesting to see how far the PUL storey goes back

Ray
plasphil

Post by plasphil »

As promised, a few shots of PUL being modelled by the gorgeous Jo, I think this was about 15 years ago.

Please respect copyright and DO NOT RE-POST!

Phil.