M&S Shiny macs

If you would like to share some pictures and videos please post them here.
pvc_pete

M&S Shiny macs

Post by pvc_pete »

Well shiny PVC & PU must be mainstream if M&S are selling them.

pvcmax

Re: M&S Shiny macs

Post by pvcmax »

Can you let us know what it's like to wear and how it feels, I think I'll treat myself to one because I can't get the primark baby blue shiny raincoat in my size.
slicker-lover

Post by slicker-lover »

59 pounds is not mainstream. someone needs to make a cheaper version. in 1975-77 similar sold for $3 to $10 and this is why so many girls bought them.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

Well yes they have. Primark have been selling shiny macs for between £5 and £18.

Also that was nearly 40 years ago. How much was gas (petrol) then or a typical weekly wage? I know 10 years after that (1987) I was earning £1.62 an hour, now the uk minimum wage, even for young people, is 3 or 4 times that.

Get real people!
pvcmax

Post by pvcmax »

This mac looks so shiny and plastic and I love the nylon lining. I really need to get one. Does this make a lovely crackling sound when you move? .
slicker-lover

Post by slicker-lover »

pvc_pete wrote:Well yes they have. Primark have been selling shiny macs for between £5 and £18.

Also that was nearly 40 years ago. How much was gas (petrol) then or a typical weekly wage? I know 10 years after that (1987) I was earning £1.62 an hour, now the uk minimum wage, even for young people, is 3 or 4 times that.

Get real people!
I would not expect 1970s prices but $3 in 1977 would be around $10-$12 today

and many things are cheaper today than 1977. I bought a color TV for $335 (a huge amount in 1977)
pvcmax

Post by pvcmax »

I'm not really into the smell of pvc, more the feel and noise when you wear it. I also like nylon raincoats and have lots in my wardrobe and in my loft. I was into nylon first but now I think shiny pvc raincoats and macs are so sexy to wear and touch. I can't wait to get my M&S poppy red shiny pvc raincoat just like yours.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

You may well have been able to buy cheap unlined pvc macs from Woolworths or Walmart for $3 in the 70's but i'm sure macs equivalent to the M & S one would have been more like $15-20. I can remember department stores in the UK in the early 80's having proper pvc raincoats for £15-25 so equal to around £90-100 today.
Fortunately, electronics are one of the few things that have defied inflation!!
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

How do I get my hands on a red one?
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

raincoatboy wrote:How do I get my hands on a red one?
Now that really is a question :lol: