The Dig ............Edith Pretty's Mackintosh

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mrbassman101

The Dig ............Edith Pretty's Mackintosh

Post by mrbassman101 »

Watched The Dig yesterday on Netflix , lovely film set in pre-war 1939. Well acted , beautifully shot against lovely Suffolk countryside.
A bygone age and the wardrobe mistress got everything spot on, especially Mrs Pretty's (Carey Mulligan) outfits . Which included a fawn , full length , single textured Mackintosh with turned back cuffs and a very visible rubber lining .
This was described by mycelebritylife.co.uk as "perhaps the most perfect Mackintosh we've laid eyes on " ........well I would certainly agree with that description ..............watch the film and see what you think ?
mrbassman101

Re: The Dig ............Edith Pretty's Mackintosh

Post by mrbassman101 »

@Avril Black .
Tried to send you a PM last night , if it doesn't arrive today , let me have your email and I will send it to you that way . Regards mrbassman101
florence

Post by florence »

peter glidewell of mac mac fame wrote a play that was televised in the eighties and all the women wore rubber macs and they all had hoods
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

florence wrote: February 16th, 2021, 3:56 pm peter glidewell of mac mac fame wrote a play that was televised in the eighties and all the women wore rubber macs and they all had hoods
Not sure if this is it but its the only thing he wrote for TV in the 80's as far as I can see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3AkLcKgDQ