Shiny Films

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Avril Black

Shiny Films

Post by Avril Black »

Who remembers Shiny Films was it Eighties, anyone no if any of this can be accessed on the net. Shiny Magazine was a forerunner I think. Would like any info. Avril Black.
Tradmack

Re: Shiny Films

Post by Tradmack »

Yes I remember these well, all good interesting content and quite expensive originally retailing at approx £20 a touch. Clips and full movies are available on youtube and elsewhere. They were first issued on VHS video and some were then copied to DVD and are not good quality viewing for us detail avids. There are first generation DVD's available on ebay and these are great, also of course the Shiny & Rubberist magazines which are super.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Argh ! Rubberist magazine I loved it at the time. Suppose it all seems rather tame nowadays but back then well, what can you say but WOW ! I believe the Shiny stable came out of or took over Atomage but couldn't swear to that. Anyone remember another glossy magazine that predates Shiny, called Pussy Cat ?
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

Tradmack wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 10:42 am Yes I remember these well, all good interesting content and quite expensive originally retailing at approx £20 a touch. Clips and full movies are available on youtube and elsewhere. They were first issued on VHS video and some were then copied to DVD and are not good quality viewing for us detail avids. There are first generation DVD's available on ebay and these are great, also of course the Shiny & Rubberist magazines which are super.
I had a couple of the original VHS tapes 'Under The Mackintosh' & I think it was called Macs and Masks or something similar, the quality was OK for the time
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

rubberdee wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:07 am Argh ! Rubberist magazine I loved it at the time. Suppose it all seems rather tame nowadays but back then well, what can you say but WOW ! I believe the Shiny stable came out of or took over Atomage but couldn't swear to that. Anyone remember another glossy magazine that predates Shiny, called Pussy Cat ?
I also had a couple of copies of Pussy Cat magazine for research purposes only, of course!

I've seen odd copies turn up on eBay & Amazon
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

I also had a couple of copies of Pussy Cat magazine for research purposes only, of course!
The first copy of Pussy Cat that I saw had on either the front or back cover, a picture of a girl in a pink rubber catsuit posed in front of the rear of Wollaton Hall here in Nottingham. Years after of course it was the background set to one of the Batman films being Wayne Manner in the film.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Are the deer still at Wollaton?
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Are the deer still at Wollaton?
They were the last time I was there. I think you would have heard the outcry from where you are based should anyone attempt to remove them. They do have to cull them now and again because the park will only sustain a finite number of animals.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Not been to the park for over ten years now!
The can be shall we say "Nasty" at this time of year!
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

The can be shall we say "Nasty" at this time of year!
No idea about this time of year but September to early November is their rutting season and when they are at their most aggressive.