Waterproofs4You

News about website updates or links to new content like groups or youtube.
reversiblepete

Re: Waterproofs4You

Post by reversiblepete »

Yeah I'm getting the security message too.

Great looking site hopefully will have so great engagement and might find that middle ground between here and regnfrakker, not much user submitted content here and mostly discussion, frakker has regular user content but a dead forum.
We've been posting with the awesome fetish community on Instagram, check us out.
https://www.instagram.com/togetherinplastic/
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Yes me to.
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

Hi all. Our SSL certificate had expired - hence a security warning came up re the site. This has now been fixed so everything should be working fine now.

As for the site and other websites. There are lots of things I like about the many websites out there that cater for our fetish. There are also some things I do not enjoy and find frustrating. I also am very frustrated at contributing to sites with content but yet unable to see similar content I post without paying money. that seems unfair as the site benefits from my content yet I am not rewarded by seeing similar content.

Hopefully as people get more used to Waterproofs4you they will come to see if a website designed for them. Whatever they want to do is available. People seem to be enjoying posting pictures but the forums have not taken off yet. Video uploading will come later this year as that is a big add on for the website. Hopefully private messaging is happening in the background between members.

Time will tell if the new website is a success or not. Lets hope all the sites we have available continue for many years to come
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

"I also am very frustrated at contributing to sites with content but yet unable to see similar content I post without paying money"

A couple of solutions:

Completely stop contributing to these websites, which is Lose / Lose

or

Make arrangements with the site owners for you to have free access = Win / Win
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

rainwear-experience wrote: March 4th, 2021, 4:50 pm "I also am very frustrated at contributing to sites with content but yet unable to see similar content I post without paying money"

A couple of solutions:

or

It would be great if website owners were that way inclined - but alas they are not.
rainwear-experience

Jacketbound wrote: March 9th, 2021, 1:43 pm
rainwear-experience wrote: March 4th, 2021, 4:50 pm "I also am very frustrated at contributing to sites with content but yet unable to see similar content I post without paying money"

A couple of solutions:

or

It would be great if website owners were that way inclined - but alas they are not.
So take option one and take the hit on the 'free' advertising
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

rainwear-experience wrote: March 9th, 2021, 3:09 pm
Jacketbound wrote: March 9th, 2021, 1:43 pm

A couple of solutions:

or

So take option one and take the hit on the 'free' advertising
I am confused by your response. What am i missing?
rainwear-experience

Jacketbound wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:21 pm
I am confused by your response. What am i missing?
If you are frustrated by supplying content to other sites then stop supplying it but you will lose the benefit of any advertising that content generates
Jacketbound

Post by Jacketbound »

This is where my confusion came from.
How do I benefit from advertising by posting pictures or stories on waterproofs. I have in the past done posts to promote my old business but most of my content on the sites I refer to are nothing to do with promotion and I do not benefit from the advertising it creates. The only winner for that content is the website that is not owned by myself.
rainwear-experience

Jacketbound wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:06 pm This is where my confusion came from.
How do I benefit from advertising by posting pictures or stories on waterproofs. I have in the past done posts to promote my old business but most of my content on the sites I refer to are nothing to do with promotion and I do not benefit from the advertising it creates. The only winner for that content is the website that is not owned by myself.
Hopefully when you post pictures on other sites you mark them with your web address and any stories you sign off with Jacketbound from Waterproofs4You so people can then find your site