Rainwear in public

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
furryhood

Re: Rainwear in public

Post by furryhood »

rubbermackintosh wrote: December 8th, 2021, 11:34 pm Maria and I went out in storm Barra at Abersoch in our rubber trenchcoats, thigh boots and souwesters. We got soaked. The coats and boots were up to the job but we both got hit from behind by a wave that came over the seawall and that water went up inside the back of our souwesters and down our necks. Should have worn hooded coats. We'll know next time.

There was a bloke out wearing a yellow set of bib trousers and hooded jacket with wellies tucked into the trousers. He suggested that we try Aberystwyth next time as the waves and spray are better there.
That would kind of stand up to my argument of favouring wearing hooded macks!
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

There was a bloke out wearing a yellow set of bib trousers and hooded jacket with wellies tucked into the trousers. He suggested that we try Aberystwyth next time as the waves and spray are better there.
Did you ask him whether he was a member of this forum ? ;)
rubbermackintosh

Post by rubbermackintosh »

He'd never heard of this forum.
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

I like to think of myself as ( fairly ) normal man , just a man who likes rainwear . I have quite a collection of rubber - lined , PVC and latex mackintoshes , capes and suits that are kept only for private indoor sexuall pleasure . I also keep two mackintoshes only for wearing outdoors in the rain , both are long and hooded , one is navy-blue rubber-lined cotton by Weathervain and the other is navy-blue PVC by PVC-U-Like . The PVC one for light rain or drizzle and the rubber-lined one for nice heavy rain . I walk down to the shops most days and if it is raining , or looks as if it's going to rain then I ALLWAYS wear a mackintosh . Do people stare at me ? Why should they ? After all , I'm just a guy walking in the rain wearing a mac . Do people comment ? A few have but it's allways of the polite where can I get a mac like that , or you look propperly dressed for this sort of weather .
Rubberrainwear

Post by Rubberrainwear »

My wife and I went to a local Wetherspoons for lunch and as it was raining and a bit blowy I decided to wear my SBR trench coat. As we approached the door a chap opened it for us and he said "I was just admiring your coat"
It gave me the confidence to were it more often in future.
dave62

Post by dave62 »

My wife likes to wear one of her clear raincoats from time to time, when we go out in public, either shopping or dining. And the results are always the same. If we are waiting for a table at a restaurant, 3/4's of the women will go right up to her and compliment her, and half will touch the sleeves. And the men? I'm watching them, and 80% have their eyes locked on her. Many times the men will look at her, look at me and slightly shake their head, in a "Wish I was him way. " A couple of times, a guy will actually comment to me, "Does she wear it all the time?" I know what they are hinting, and I reply, "No, no. Not for housework, but she does to bed!" They all nod. Wish I could carry some PUL or Funplastic raincoats and sell them right there. The public knows. And enjoys. Of course for me, and her, it starts a 5 hour session of foreplay.
black_shiny

Post by black_shiny »

dave62 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 9:18 pm My wife likes to wear one of her clear raincoats from time to time, when we go out in public, either shopping or dining. And the results are always the same. If we are waiting for a table at a restaurant, 3/4's of the women will go right up to her and compliment her, and half will touch the sleeves. And the men? I'm watching them, and 80% have their eyes locked on her. Many times the men will look at her, look at me and slightly shake their head, in a "Wish I was him way. " A couple of times, a guy will actually comment to me, "Does she wear it all the time?" I know what they are hinting, and I reply, "No, no. Not for housework, but she does to bed!" They all nod. Wish I could carry some PUL or Funplastic raincoats and sell them right there. The public knows. And enjoys. Of course for me, and her, it starts a 5 hour session of foreplay.
I enjoy this kind of stuff right here!
black_shiny

Post by black_shiny »

I wear a stutterheim opal black raincoat in public when it is raining out. I do get a little whatever about wearing it but its getting easier. I do get some looks but I keep on moving. When its pouring out I certainly feel better dressed that's for sure. I've gotten a compliment or 2.
RGN

Post by RGN »

In public we wear raincoats from Pvc-u-like or Deston (florence).
I did not encounter any negative reaction. On the contrary. Pvc-u-like raincoats are very attractive and normally you can't buy them in the store.Next to classic tourist raincoats, you look like king / queen raincoats.

The only interesting raincoats in the Czech Republic. Great price. Very nice. Unfortunately, a small selection of colors.
https://www.deston.cz/plastenky/88-plas ... 30020.html
shinymacs

Post by shinymacs »

That sounds like a fabulous outfit to wear out in the rain for a walk......wish I had bumped into you in Surrey !!!