Sighting of the year

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainfash

Sighting of the year

Post by rainfash »

Today, it was raining heavily all day in Hamburg, north Germany. I landed at Hamburg airport and discovered a young nice lady in her 30s, not a fashionista, but wearing a super shiny red pvc raincoat, with a collar, no hood, press studs and a belt, and orange fleece fabric at the cuffs.
I have never seen such a pvc raincoat before, although I can say that I have seen many pvc raincoats in the past 50 years…
It was more shiny than the Farmerrain red shiny raincoat. It had a nice nylon lining, as the lady sat down to drink a coffee and put off the coat over the chair. She was attractive, but not super attractive, she wore modern clothes, but not too modern. She did not wear wellies, nor she had an umbrella. She was from Germany, because she ordered her coffee in perfect German language.
I was standing behind her at the duty free shop where she bought a bottle of water, and I admired her supershiny raincoat from the back.
The. She moved on to a gate and I had to leave as well, so I had no chance to ask her, where she has her totally superb raincoat from.
Have you ever seen a red shiny raincoat, definitely made of PVC, but with orange coloured cuffs ?
The crazy thing was, that she had a supershiny red trolley with her, that was also from very robust Very very shiny PVC. I also never have seen such a nice trolley before, made from very thick and very shiny pvc. The sighting was early amazing, as I have Never seen such a combination, and hr raincoat and the trolley were definitely not belonging together. So she had to buy these items separately, but the combination was very very unusual.
No raincoat, no umbrella, no wellies, but a shiny red pvc Trenchcoat, no hood, just a collar, a belt and then the red trolley. In total, she was not into pvc I suppose, and she was not that type of lady that dressed herself to gain attraction. But the raincoat on such a rainy day was a fashion statement, and the trolley was, too !
She seemed to be traveling within Germany or within Europe, as there was no passport area.
I could not talk to her unfortunately, because I wanted to ask here wher she bought that mega shiny raincoat.
I am still totally flashed and as red is my favourite color for raincoats, she hit the target. I myself dare to wear shiny raincoats in public, but I just have black shiny pvc raincoats, as they are easier to wear in public. Today, I had no chance to wear a raincoat, as I was coming from southern Europe where it was dry, and when I landed I was not expecting rain when I left.
Guys, this is not a story or a dream, that was total real today, and I really regret that I did not have the chance to start a chat with her about proper rainwear when it was raining heavily today.
Please, if you have ever seen a shiny red pvc raincoat with orange cuffs, please post a picture.
Many thanks for your help.