Kink or a fetish?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Rainworshipper

Re: Kink or a fetish?

Post by Rainworshipper »

For me I would refer to it as a fetish, but in my case it is perhaps fairly mild: I tend to keep my rainwear for when it is raining or an odds - on chance of rain and there is also a seasonal element to it as well- at this time of the year it is often too cold to be really enjoyable but I will wear a mac or cagoule out of sheer necessity if I have to go out in the rain.
SanneRWP

Post by SanneRWP »

-
Last edited by SanneRWP on July 10th, 2023, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris227

Post by chris227 »

Both, I guess. Can enjoy "activities" without it. However, when it is included it is an enormous bonus. Outside of such activities, I just truly enjoy wearing rainwear any chance conditions allow. It's not all about "that stuff" as much as it is a driving factor. It's also about the fact that I just love it and enjoy wearing/feeling it! The wife knows I love it and doesn't blink an eye if we watch the news and I decide to wear an 80's reversible raincoat in the house like it's normal operating procedure haha. And she's a beautiful person inside and out. I am a truly lucky man!
raincoatgirl23

Post by raincoatgirl23 »

for me it's a bit of both. They are part of me
Rain89

Post by Rain89 »

raincoatgirl23 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 10:35 am for me it's a bit of both. They are part of me
Same here
Nylon macs

Post by Nylon macs »

Me too
Rubberkell

Post by Rubberkell »

I fetishize rubberware, rainwear interests me, belted and hooded pvc macs always get a second look.
calibrecloth

Post by calibrecloth »

Infrequent contributor here but I really agree with many of you. My twist on rainwear is not so much rubber or vinyl but traditional cloth raincoats and trenches. Fetish? Kink? Call it whatever, but it has been with me for 5+ decades.

And my lovely wife has no problem with me wearing one or two indoors. Feels so great against my skin.
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

For me it is a kink, not a fetish. I control and decide how, when and where I enjoy my rainwear. If it was a fetish, "it" would control me. At least that is my interpretation of the difference between the two concepts.
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Seen this topic and I think for me it is definitely a fetish rather a kink.

For me it all started back when I was really young and my mums royal blue cagoule. The look, touch and feel has scared me to this day.

The look of cagoules and nylon rain jackets that do it for me.
Thinking about them all the time and what I can do in them.

Forever looking on websites like ebay and such.